Carpet Wrinkles

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I did a job today and the room was empty. Cleaned it and then went to the other side of the house to clean. Came back and there is a bunch of wrinkles in the carpet.

Carpet is only about 8 years old

Why do some carpets do this when there was no wrinkles to start with?

Thank you

Amazing

They will be gone when the carpet is completely dry...

If we are talking and thinking the same problem.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I know they go away. I was wondering why only a few will do it. The customer always looks at you like you are full of it when you tell them they will go away.

Amazing

Poorly installed carpet.
Some backing expand a bit with real high humidity. Or wetting.
I find 6 or 7 a year.
I recall the scare I had on the 1st one. Back in my portable days. Presprayed the whole house to see it buckle.
Needless to say I alert all clients at the 1st sign of it.

Differential expansion - the backing absorbs moisture and swells. As the moisture / humidity levels return to normal, so will the carpet.
Often caused by improper installation (not power stretched).

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Louis said:
I know they go away. I was wondering why only a few will do it. The customer always looks at you like you are full of it when you tell them they will go away.
one thing i tell the custys now is: the water is so hot it expands the carpet and once the moisture and heat are gone, the carpet will lay back down to normal. i learned to say this after cleaning carpet that expanded, explained to the lady the installer did a bad job and should have used a power stretcher...criticized his install...blah...blah... turned out the lady's brother was the installer......never heard from them again...

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It happens enough that I carry a sheet explaining the problem and leave it with the customer so they don't blame me and so it doesn't look like an excuse on my part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom