Carribbean

Jamesh921

Name
James
I want to take the family down to the Carribbean this winter but I have no idea which island to go to. There'll be my wife, myself and our 6 yr old son, so we're looking for a "family friendly" sort of place.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I went to Jamaica back in the 90s. Filthiest place I've ever visited. Said I'd never go back, but who knows - maybe it's nicer now.

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
Any of the Beaches resorts are geared towards families, went to Turks & Caicos a few years back and it was absolutely beautiful. Check their website, they are all inclusive so they are not cheap but well worth it.There were 11 of us on the trip, lots of great food and things for the kids to do with new water park at the resort. It's a British island thats very safe and resort is close to the airport since the island is only about 21 sq mile

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Turks got blown out by a hurricane so unless there's been a sudden building boom there's not much to do there outside the resort. The US Virgin Islands would be my first choice: clean, safe and as pretty as anywhere. Miles of empty beaches and great snorkeling. If you want a vacation with some history and variety outside the beach maybe Puerto Rico, cleaner and safer than Jamaica at least. The Bahamas if you're looking for designer knock-offs.

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
Hurricane Irene caused only minor damage as she passed over the Turks and Caicos on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Category 2 hurricane caused some flooding and knocked down trees on Providenciales, Grand Turk and the other islands in the Turks and Caicos, but no deaths or major structural damage was reported.
Hotels suffered damage only to landscaping, and airport operations are expected to resume today at noon.So it would be my choice since its geared toward families with kids.

Back
Top Bottom