Castle Guard for vct

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I hear good things. My questions are: Have any of you used it and what sort of coverage should I plan for?

KSL

Name
Kent
Castleguard is an excellent floor finish if you are burnishing daily. If not Clarion is a better option. Depending how you apply the finish thin or medium coats you should expect 1500-2000 sq ft per gallon.

F

FB7777

Hey Kent,

where are you in Massachusetts? I’m 20 minutes South of Boston

F

FB7777

Beautiful country out there, similar to Upstate New York

You’d never know you were in Massachusetts and I mean that in the best possible way

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Castleguard is an excellent floor finish if you are burnishing daily. If not Clarion is a better option. Depending how you apply the finish thin or medium coats you should expect 1500-2000 sq ft per gallon.

Kent, this is for a post office. The work area (2200 sq feet) is a mess. It will need to be a durable coating and probably will not get much love.

One major issue is that they want two coats, not the seven that Clarion specifies! Another is that my time will be limited and two or three coats may be all I will have time to apply.

Name
Lee Stockwell
"They want..."

Do they want a pony too?

Castle Guard is top-tier...if you follow directions.

Laser is better in a 2-coat restriction.

KSL

Name
Kent
Kent, this is for a post office. The work area (2200 sq feet) is a mess. It will need to be a durable coating and probably will not get much love.

One major issue is that they want two coats, not the seven that Clarion specifies! Another is that my time will be limited and two or three coats may be all I will have time to apply.

I would go with a coat of sealer and two coats of Castleguard. It will have a killer shine Being the post office with extreme high traffic they will destroy and finish without a maintenance plan so you will be fine. You have to be careful applying the 25% solid finish it is tough to apply and if you miss a spot just leave it until the next coat as it does not blend at all. You also need a finish mop and not a regular wet mop.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

what prespray do your customers normally choose for you?

Not familiar with the products you mention, but if you want 2 coats of anything to look ok and last it better have a high solids %

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'm on a chemo diet. Eat everything I can stomach. Not much for a week after infusions. Then I spend two weeks eating the most fat and protein i can. Cream of weat with whole milk and a donut every morning. Haha. Down to 140lbs so any lbs I can add are good lbs.
stay positive.. its easy to say 👍
my old man is still here 6yrs+ after told he had 6 wks (how long is a piece of string? thats a nautical question 😉) everyone must make their own decisions but "beating cancer with nutrition" is an interesting book which, as I remember it, halfway between both alternative and conventional treatments

Name
Matt Ross
Yeah I'm
Man, I wish you luck. Endure.
Thanks. I caught it fairly early so I should be fine. It hadn't spread much thankfully. I'm in good spirits, and have plenty of support. I will definently be eating better and having a fairly healthy diet after treatment is done. I dont blame it all on our environment, but Its obviously a factor. Just a good reminder for everyone to take care of themselves.

Condog

Name
Tony
stay positive.. its easy to say 👍
my old man is still here 6yrs+ after told he had 6 wks (how long is a piece of string? thats a nautical question 😉) everyone must make their own decisions but "beating cancer with nutrition" is an interesting book which, as I remember it, halfway between both alternative and conventional treatments
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.
You have a champions heart fighting it.
Here is something I've come across. I hope it helps you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom