CAT 3 ADVICE NEEDED

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
For years we have written in a line items for BIOWASH on category 3 jobs in Xactimate. this processes involvs essentially pressure washing all the sewage off with a microbial solutions and extracting prior to final application of microban.
Regretably we are having a hard time getting this past adjusters as there isn't a line item in xactimate we can find. Am I missing it? What do you use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
we have multiple adjusters arguing it as NOT in xactimate. suggestions?
We just had an adjuster that had been complaining about the use of airscrubber on one of their jobs. We let him know what the standards say and a week later he calls and said no we won't pay for it.

Meanwhile back at the farm....the homeowner pays us for the complete job, air scrubber included.

This week they call us wanting to know what's going on with the air scrubber and why it was used. Not to be an ass we explained why it was used. The homeowner has allergies as well as two young children in the home. The doctor was concerned about what if anything would be disturbed during the drying process so we used an air scrubber. The adjuster said we don't cover mold and we explained again why we used it. She just couldn't understand and so we dropped the bomb.

The doctor saw the need for it, in fact they already paid us for the whole bill. :biggrin:

Her whole position is others don't do it. :oldrolleyes:

Greg not everything we do is going to be in xactimate and unfortunately every now and then you will ruffle some feathers. I think its a legitimate charge, its the best way I can think of cleaning the surface. If it happens in my home I would clean it up the same way.

Not trying to be difficult with them but how are they suggesting it be cleaned? I'd try to work with them but ultimately its the right thing and you may just have to stand your ground. :errf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom