Cat damage - doorway repair on join.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
We all see this type of stuff. Cat locked accidentally in the bedroom and tries to claw it's way out.

If they have left over carpet its a fairly simple repair.

If you have a power stretcher or better yet, those little baby stretchers that will a join together you can remove the old join and bond in a new insert.

In this case, there was a very good stretch on this install and I would have struggled to get it together nicely again so I decided to opt for a graft.

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

The new section is sitting high across the traffic area. There was quite a bit of colour difference so I toned the new insert down considerably, especially through the traffic lane with a bit of white chalk.

John

John Watson

Not doubting you, but must have been a very contented cat!!! Didn't mess with the primary or secondary, just the face fiber..

Great repair, great thinking for a temporary color blend using the white chalk.

Most pet digs that I do are usually in the corner next to the jamb and end up fuzzed and frayed in a 3 to 4 inch or larger radius. Primary and secondary are both damaged. Then when they find they can't get out that side the give it a go on the other side.. Repair sometimes with a small section, but mostly I just replace with a saddle 3 to 6 inches wide..

Your photo's to me look more like the installer didn't seal the raw edge before seaming and face fibers came loose due to vacuuming and or traffic and just unzipped.

Not being picky, just stating what I see. :lol: :shock: :roll:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
You may be right John... that's the story I was told :roll:

But you're definitely right on the lack of seam sealer!!!

I very rarely see it.

One guy I was talking to in Aussie was saying there is a movement underway to get UV reflective material in the seam sealers so that cases like this if it was done back a vacuum cleaner or whatever, can be pointed straight back at the installer who didn't install according to the standard.

Wouldn't that be something!!

John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
John not all sealers have tracers in them. I would imagine you blokes would use a rubber type latex. Most have no tracers. Orcon fastloc, Orcon weldloc these are more on the acrylic side . These do have tracers in them . Even some solvent sealer have tracers. Also some not all glue sticks have tracers in them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom