Cat pee

Welshmalc

Name
Malcolm
Customer as off white heavy cotton sofa, which serval cat ( semi wild Africa evil thing ) likes to pee on. So whats the best product to use to get rid of stain × smell. Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
Has the urine reached the inner core or base under the seat cushions??

And what material is the core, foam, down, poly?

wilpath

tell her to put the sofa in the cats house,, they already marked it.... there is no chemical that can take care of that despite what anyone says

Reactions: KevinL

steve_64

I can't remember if molecular modifier is good for cotton,i don't think so. But other than that I've flipped furniture upside down and soaked it and got rid of the cat odors. Soaked the top too.
I wouldn't guarantee it though and it will stink like baby powder for a week. It will probably rust any metal but it's already trash.

Welshmalc

Name
Malcolm
Just on cushion. Im guessing down deffinatly not cheap! Cat been doing it on several occasions , regular carpet guys been charging 500, so seems worth the effort .weathly and eccentric and cats her baby.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
get the money and run and when she calls in a month and says it still stinks ............hang up.

steve_64

get the money and run and when she calls in a month and says it still stinks ............hang up.
That's probably what the other guys did lol.

Find a cotton safe product and soak the cushions in it would be my guess. Don't do it at the custys hone neither.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you can remove cover off cushion.
Soak cushion with a natural type enzyme, cover with a plastic bag. Insert cushion back. If having trouble fitting in, use a vacuum cleaner to create vacuum (it will shrink) and insert. If you can invest more time, rinse cushion, but that requires a wait till it dries which is not practical if you need to wait. I had clients do it prior to my cleaning with all due releases.

Use a natural enzyme on cushions + an acid soak, depending on kind of cotton you may need a white cotton cleaner (bisulfite). Of course, that is assuming that the cotton can take it and is not damaged to the extent that the fabric will start disintegrating. Did anybody say a release of liability? And signed :winky:

Use some mild deodorizer afterwards, just to create another scent.

Charge accordingly.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Does the cat look like this. I clean the cushions like I do a rug.

Attachments

• 20160708_204701.jpg
    20160708_204701.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 116

Welshmalc

Name
Malcolm
Yes he does . Hates everyone except the owner, hates the husband, hates using the litter try ! Never ever been let out . That's is problem !

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
If the cushion has down in it- and the down in encased in cotton ticking, walk-- the item is already damaged by the fire retardant since the cover is a natural fiber.
If the cushion is just foam then here is the remedy-

I cant believe I'm sharing my secret- but here it goes--

remove the cover from cushion, Zip it back up and sew the zipper tab to fabric to hold it closed temporary while its being washed.
set the cover aside for now.

While your wife is away from house-- clean the cushion in the bathtub.
you will fill up the bathtub with about 20-30 gallons of water-- add 4 oz of dichlor (Pool bleach) and mix until dissolved.-- open windows or exult fan to ventilate. your nostrial should burn, if not add more diclor-- and put on a mask for Christ sake! :eekk: :oldrolleyes: :smile:
Place the cushion in the tub, compress and squeeze the cushion to get the solution deep into the cushion-- let dwell for about an hour.
Drain tub, fill with clean water to rinse cushion using the compress and squeeze step.
once the rinse water has filled the cushion, place the cushion in a garbage bag/or similar. Close the opening of the bag around vac hose connected to your TM or Porty- turn on suction.
this will compress the foam and remove the water. repeat this step multiply times if needed.
Place this cushion is DryRoom/garage with fan, dehue and heater to dry-- in a few hours Water will migrate to the base of cushion near the floor-- extract this water. It might take a day or two to dry.

once the cushion is dry, you can proceed with the washing of the cover.
Wash it in a HE washer in warm water on gentle cycle, If the cover is white use a little bleach. DO NOT put in the dryer.

To insert the cushion into the cover you will use same garbage bag- vac hose technique to compress the foam. once foam is compressed- insert into cover. remove suction, foam will expand. now reach in and start tearing the bag apart to remove.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom