Cat pump issue

Name
Jesse
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to pumps. I'd appreciate your opinions on what my problem likely is.

I have a5cp 3120 that's about a year old (2000hrs). This pump is fed directly by a garden hose, our fresh tank is temporarily bypassed. When you turn it on it builds pressure. Pull the trigger and the pressure drops to about 100 no matter where it's set. The water through the pressure line comes out choppy and the garden hose jumps around. It appears that the pressurized water is going backward into the garden hose.

Is this issue likely to be resolved with a seal kit , could it be a check valve? Or should I be ordering pump?

Thank you all.

TimP

I believe you need the seal kit and maybe order the valves just in case its not just the seals. You can't tell for sure till you get inside. You're supposed to change the valves every other time. Also if your pump pumps hot get high temp seals.

Name
Jesse
No pulse dampener (white magic). Put a new regulator on, same problem.

Thanks Lee, now if I could just log them in like that with our other truck I'd be happy :)

What's the deal with pulse dampeners? Neither of my machines came with one and the last pumps have lasted quite awhile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom