Cat Pump Question

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Hey guys I have a CAT 290 Pump with my Butler system. Today I noticed when I start the pump a little water leaks out from the back of the pump where I think the pistons are. I am still getting water pressure. My question is how much does it cost to have a CAT pump 290 rebuilt. I bet I have a worn out seal or o ring some where.

Thanks

John

Kirk

You may want to check that number. Butler has a 435 Cat pump on their trucks. Normally to send mine into Butler and get a new one in exchange runs about 300.00

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
really? That sounds good. I have never installed a CAT pump do you think it will be easy for me? I have 5 years plumbing expirence. The plumbing part wont scare me.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
You can repair the water side of the pump for a fraction of that cost. And it's relatively easy.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Do it yourself. It'll take you maybe 45 minutes and you'll feel great when you finish it.

Name
steve snail
Jtuseo,

Listen to Doug.

A while back I had the same dilemma and came to this board for help. Go to the High Performance Cleaning room and search for "need help with cat pump repair". You can figure out if'n you want to do it yourself or contract it out.

bobkinnarney

Easy fix. I just did mine last fall. Just call Butler and order the whole kit and rebuild the whole front end of it as long as you have to take it apart anyway. Ask for the diagram also. 45 minutes is just about right. Whole lot less than $300 big ones.

Bob

RichardnTn

Very easy fix...When I have to put seals in I get the hot cup kit with new seals too...not that expensive... Richard R

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The 290 is a great pump. Rebuilds are very reasonable and it will last long enough that the cost is really not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom