Cat Spray Hell (Hydrocide Extreme Test)

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have a client that wants to sell here home. The house is worth about 160K and the property is worth over 500K.I went in their after dark to black light it because of the cat piss smell.The carpet walls doors and all the furniture have been completely hosed with cat spray.She went into a mild form of shock when she seen it. With my black light i can scan the whole room standing in one spot.This is by far the worst i have ever seen.
I clearly and explained the situation to her and her only option was a complete gut, clean and replacement.(did not word it like that to her)I gave her advice on how to go about it and also offered to do the job for her. She insisted that she wanted to get the carpet cleaned.Again i explained that she could buy a new inexpensive carpet for less than it would cost me to clean it. I also explained that the carpet is only a small part of the odor issue.To put a long story short I am going to clean the carpet and yes she dose know that the results will be very limited.
So i am going to do a strait normal cleaning then dry it up.
Then i am going to load up the Cimex with Hydrocide Extreme full strength and do the carpet wall to wall and see how that works.
Should be noted that this carpet is old and outdated and that anyone buying this property will likely tear down the hose and replace it.
She just wants to knock back the odor and is not concerned about removing it.
I will let you know how well Hydrocide Extreme works in a situation like this.LOL

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is she upside down on the mortgage like many folks that bought or re-fi'd before the bubble bUrst??
(donno if there was bubble burst in Canada like here)

cause it seems odd she wouldn't drop $2-3000 in some builders grade carpet
New carpet is one of the better ROI when selling a house

I'd suggest you go to Sally's Beauty and buy a couple/three cases of 20 vol clear developer (10% peroxide) and use it .
I haven't used Hydrocide Extreme, but wasn't much impressed with regular Hydrocide .
Sodium percarbonate ( powdered peroxide) is the best thing we've found ..and it's down right cheap

But since you have no way to flush/rinse extract, the 20vol from Sally Beauty would be more suitable .
cause it's self neutralizing and won't leave a white powder residue like sodium perc can if not rinsed

..l.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The main thing is under no circumstances (and for no amount of money) take responsibility for the cat using the house as a toilet.

I did a job like that. There was very little carpet but the cat had sprayed the whole house to the ceiling. We wiped down all the, counters, cabinets, walls, doors, windows and trim, sealed the walls cleaned and sealed the hardwood, pressure washed the porch, tossed some odor blocks in the HVAC . All for $1300 on a huge house. The lady kept rushing us along twisting my words wanting us to do more for the same price. Then it was time to pay………….. I had to place a lean on the house to get paid.

Man , do I have a bad taste in my mouth right now Ivebeensold .

S

sam miller

So true Custy are always trying to make thier problems Yours!

Still I'm sure Mardie qualified it as well as You can. Good luck lets us know the results.

I black lighted a carpet had a few spots on the surface when I pulled it back there was a lot more there.

Told the guy to replace it first loss best loss kinda thing.

He hired a competitor who took his cash and never did the job. LOL $500

The carpet looked great it was just 2900 sq ft of cat spray and no matter how much You charge unless your pullign it all up and treating the pad and backing your gonna have problems.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
ACE said:
The main thing is under no circumstances (and for no amount of money) take responsibility for the cat using the house as a toilet.

I did a job like that. There was very little carpet but the cat had sprayed the whole house to the ceiling. We wiped down all the, counters, cabinets, walls, doors, windows and trim, sealed the walls cleaned and sealed the hardwood, pressure washed the porch, tossed some odor blocks in the HVAC . All for $1300 on a huge house. The lady kept rushing us along twisting my words wanting us to do more for the same price. Then it was time to pay………….. I had to place a lean on the house to get paid.

Man , do I have a bad taste in my mouth right now Ivebeensold .
Ya i hear you loud and clear. The written quote i gave her clearly states that this will be 1 treatment with very limited results.The quote also explained much more regarding her odor issues and what should be done to correct it.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ruff Hewn said:
is she upside down on the mortgage like many folks that bought or re-fi'd before the bubble bUrst??
(donno if there was bubble burst in Canada like here)

cause it seems odd she wouldn't drop $2-3000 in some builders grade carpet
New carpet is one of the better ROI when selling a house

I'd suggest you go to Sally's Beauty and buy a couple/three cases of 20 vol clear developer (10% peroxide) and use it .
I haven't used Hydrocide Extreme, but wasn't much impressed with regular Hydrocide .
Sodium percarbonate ( powdered peroxide) is the best thing we've found ..and it's down right cheap

But since you have no way to flush/rinse extract, the 20vol from Sally Beauty would be more suitable .
cause it's self neutralizing and won't leave a white powder residue like sodium perc can if not rinsed

..l.T.A.
Canada did not get hit with the financial beating like the States did.She is an older lady who's husband has recently passed.They raised a family and lived in the home all their lives.I think she is, to put it nicely very frugal with here money.(cheap) She has no problem paying a good dollar for a job that she knows will produce a very limited result. I actually worded and priced the quote in such a way that she would replace it rather than getting it cleaned. I could not talk her out of it.Makes no sense to me.
Have you got a link to Sally Beauty or is that a product that salons carry?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
bensurdi said:
It won't work. Waste of product and time.
I know that and the client knows that. I am doing what the client wants to pay me to do.
I look at it as a product test carpet seeing that she dose not want me to do what has to be done.The appearance of the carpet will be great when i am done,but the home will still smell like a piss tank.

FredC

Village Idiot

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yes cobbs sells it by the 5 gallon bucket. Don't ask me why I know this. Also as a befit cobbs is clear liquid where sally's is a creme. And finally the best reason to use cobbs is because it is designed and sold to be used on carpet so you are not breaking any laws regarding chemical uses.

K P

At least use a UPT before you clean and remove more urine so the "cide" you are putting down will work a little better.

Salley's sells both clear and creme.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You are on your own as far as disclaimers for products.

Doesn't matter if it says to be used on carpets.

Name
I'm Rick James
Gonna be tough if you have no form of extraction. Maybe you can go to your local rental store and rent out a portable for the day.

You first have to dissolve the urine salt with an acid.

Load the mex with vacaway peroxellent, then add hydrocide, go to town. The lady is crazy to start with , so what ever

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Padden McFadden said:
Load the mex with vacaway peroxellent, then add hydrocide, go to town. The lady is crazy to start with , so what ever
Should i use the peroxellent first let go bone dry then hydrocide?

I would Mix the hydorcide right in with it, proly 6 oz per gallon, Mix peroxellent at 12 to 15 oz a gallon,

then hammer the carpet, it will kill any smell it contacts, and remove any removable stains, not gonna be a 100 percent , but you and crazy lady already already know that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nate The Great said:
What did Von Schrader have to say?

hope they said clean 'n sanitize that cat pizz stAnk-rot sCampoo box and roll brush before he goes to the next job :lol:

!gotcha! !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ron Werner said:
should be an interesting one for you.
Aren't you glad you found the board? somewhat amus
Ya done a lot of cat dog and extreme filth but only when the client was willing to take my advice and pay for it. Never had a client want to pay a good buck for a half job.
This board has been helpful.
Don't want to get you in trouble Ron,but here i go.Thanks for inviting me to this board.LOL

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Nate The Great said:
Did not ask. They only promote what they sell. For urine their recipe is UN-DOZ-IT. Works ok for small area fresh piss.Would be a joke to try on a job like this.
I have been using several products from Pro Chem over the last couple of years with much better results.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ruff Hewn said:
[quote="Nate The Great":3poms8ng]What did Von Schrader have to say?

hope they said clean 'n sanitize that cat pizz stAnk-rot sCampoo box and roll brush before he goes to the next job :lol:

!gotcha! !gotcha!

..L.T.A.[/quote:3poms8ng]
Don't think that will be required.You should remember that, that brush,hoses vacuum system and recovery tank will all be saturated with the finest cleaning detergents man has ever developed. Just running these high quality detergents through this magnificant machine is the this best way to keep it clean and sanitized. lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that brush,hoses vacuum system and recovery tank will all be saturated with the finest cleaning detergents man has ever developed. Just running these high quality detergents through this magnificant machine is the this best way to keep it clean and sanitized. lol

yea, eye no

:mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
Mardie said:
Nate The Great said:
Did not ask. They only promote what they sell. For urine their recipe is UN-DOZ-IT. Works ok for small area fresh piss.Would be a joke to try on a job like this.
I have been using several products from Pro Chem over the last couple of years with much better results.

Story of VS systems life......

Chavez on Nate The Great's computer.... !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom