Cat urine on tile

Abigail

Name
Stacy
I have a cat with a problem- it's my son's so don't suggest I terminate it. I thought we had this problem solved but she has peed on the tile in the bathroom

I've used vinegar, then tried peroxide, baking soda, and a drop of dawn (brushing the grout and tile) and finally just poured straight peroxide on it. It's as strong as ever.
What do I do?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
OSR would be good, let it dwell for a looooooong time. You could try some hydracide extreme and let it dwell too. Let it soak in like the urine did.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and finally just poured straight peroxide on it.

what percentage peroxide?
the grocery store stuff in the brown bottle is pretty weak..like 3% if I recall

mix up some OxyClean (yea the stuff you buy in the laundry detergent isle)..it's essentially powdered peroxide .
Mix it in HOT water ...4-5 oz pr gal...HOT water
pour it on..FLOOD it
let dwell 15 minutes or more then rinse ..
repeat if needed

also, cats will squirt elsewhere too...on the base board, walls and door jambs azz high...make sure you're cleaning those too if effected ....your nose on the wood will tell you if/where they're effected

when done. bake me some chocolate chips cookies and send them for fixing the problem and didn't cost you an arm and leg for the "high priced" oxidizers and pairing agents

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well ... personally ... I wouldn't use any of the above. I used all of them and the results were only mediocre compared to Bridgepoints Pet Zone with Hydroxide.

Mix it up with hot water and pour it on. Hot water because the cat urine was hot when it was applied, and you want your deodorizer to be of equal or greater temperature to penetrate as far.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when done. bake me some chocolate chips cookies and send them for fixing the problem and didn't cost you an arm and leg for the "high priced" oxidizers and pairing agents

..L.T.A.

kinda sexist, aren't you?? :oldrolleyes: ....cookies??

Could try a stronger acid, like Ultra Release or brown out soln.
If you have Quatalot or DD12, pour that straight on it and let it dwell.
Whatever you do it will have to soak in.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kinda sexist, aren't you?? :oldrolleyes: ....cookies??

sexist???...helno
Not misogynic either...I love wimmins , Ron

You can bake me some chocolate chip cookies too
but they'd probably be stale by the time they get here from west coast CraggyRock Canada
Stacy is just 4 hours away:winky:

and I've never had good success with Quat-a-lot
DD12 smells nice though

but Stacy needs a sledgehammer for cat urine ..probably the most difficult urine contamination to correct.
She needs to nuke it with a strong mixed oxidizer ....and more than likely address areas above the floor where Silvester has squirted to "mark his Territory"

..L.T.A.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
" when done. bake me some chocolate chips cookies and send them for fixing the problem and didn't cost you an arm and leg for the "high priced" oxidizers and pairing agents"

You know that cats walk all over kitchen counter tops - Like the episode of King of Queens when Doug and Carrie go to the Bed and Breakfast for a weekend away and the cat is everywhere.

..L.T.A.[/QUOTE]

Odorcide Mike

Name
Mike Hershley
Use Odorcide Original or Fresh Scent...make sure you saturate the tile/grout and let it soak into the grout. These products are used by many carpet cleaners for pet urine in carpet...It's the one that works! go to odorcide.com and request a free sample.

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Thanks all for the suggestions. And sorry for the delay, I had some problems on my farm this past week and its been consuming my time. And no, I'm not offended on the cookies! Although I have more fresh eggs than time to make cookies this week! Next week with be freshly harvested chicken and duck. Yum!

Anyhow, I used some stuff from the pet store- of course it didn't work. Yes the peroxide is store strength.

I'll try the oxy clean next because I can stil smell it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
. And no, I'm not offended on the cookies!

See,Ron??
you're wrapped too tight, man!!
loosen up, brotha!!

I'll try the oxy clean next because I can stil smell it.

don't neglect to check door jambs or items in the room like laundry hampers 'n such....up to "butt high" level , Stace .
(THE CAT'S, NOT YOURS:icon_razz:)

they don't "hike their leg" like a dog, but rub next to it an "squirt" a near invisible "mist" marking territory

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom