Cat urine removal job in the am

greenclean

I just got a call from a frantic homeowner. He told me that another carpet cleaner just cleaned his carpets and the entire house smells like cat urine! He wants us there first thing in the am. Any suggestions how to solve this problem and stay out of trouble. Im sure the previous CC uncovered some past sins. I should have passed on this one but I guess I like the pressure! Thanks in advance.

Name
George Valliant
Next time you place an order with Cobb make sure to get a gallon of OdorSolve Cherry. That shit will rock your world!

Then take the time to learn his product line.

Thank god for Larry Cobb!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You are going to have a few problems. While you may be able to black light the spots if its dark enough, you are going to have a tough time using a moisture probe unless the cleaner you are caboosing was decent enough to remove enough moisture to have them dry when you get there. Once you find the problem, areas.. hoping the previous cleaner did not spread it.. and hoping its not everywhere, you can either do a pad switch out and cleand/deoderize of the carpet.. or try to satruate and water claw out. Some Cat Urine is simply gross to get out. Take your full arsenal... acid pretreatments, odor modifiers, enzymes and oxidizers. If its a carpet you can't nuke ... walk from the job and tell her she needs new carpet.

tim

just bring the blacklight and moisture probe, find the urine and treat with hot osr and odorcide/hydracide/quatalot, allow 30 minutes dwell, extract with a claw and collect the check....never fails,never walked away from one yet. the last guys cleaning just added moisture to the urine salts, that makes them easy to find with the probe. you get to be the hero

B

Bill G. Martin

Make sure to really vacuum this job before you pre-spray anything. So many cc don't even carry a vac on their truck. Many homeowners use "Love My Carpets" powder or a similar product like fabreeze or lysol spray on their carpets. All of these products hold oils, odors and particulate that needs to be removed before any type of moisture is appied to the carpet. Failure to flush out these products when HWEing can leave the carpets with a tacky feel that some onwers complain about, saying it took days for the carpet to dry, when in reality they were just poorly cleaned by a lousy technican doing a poor job. I will bet it was done by company offering a whole house cleaning for only $59.95

Bill in Central Florida

Farenheit251

Humidity brings out the odors. The first guy probably just left it too wet and things are fermenting. I would check to make sure the backing & pad are dry before starting. If dry just make an extra dry pass to make sure yours dries fast. If the backing ,pad is still damp you are not going to improve things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom