Catering to Customers' Budget

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Anyone ever ask a customer what their budget is for their cleaning needs before offering up the price?

If they give you an idea what they're looking to spend, you can offer a type of service (from splash n dash traffic areas only to full service with all the bells and whistles) to match their budget. May be able to book more before hanging up.

We get a few that say I'll have to think about it or talk it over with the other. But if you were able to cater to their budget with flexible options, you may be able to get it booked right then and there.

Reactions: rhino1

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have had a few that say they are on a budget....

If they are in a position to tell me what is taking place, I do look if I can help....but wont cut back on the cleaning quality really....

Sometimes the budget it ridiculous low and I am not in a position to do something....

But I will try in the right situation to help out....

I have been known to do a few freebies too in the right situation.....

We do our part to help when we can....

Reactions: Spurlington

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd have no problem doing it for commercial work but not residential.
I think for residential maybe packages are best with different levels of cleaning & service. ???

A) Get the Primo service-HWE, move most furnishings
B) HWE Move a few pieces
C) HWE nothing moved
D) Bonnet/OP move a few pieces
F) Bonnet/OP traffic areas, no moving

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I'd have no problem doing it for commercial work but not residential.
I think for residential maybe packages are best with different levels of cleaning & service. ???

A) Get the Primo service-HWE, move most furnishings
B) HWE Move a few pieces
C) HWE nothing moved
D) Bonnet/OP move a few pieces
F) Bonnet/OP traffic areas, no moving

Yeah - ask what they're looking to spend then offer A-F with no E to accommodate their budget !! Seems like you'd have a high rate of closing success ...

I wouldn't do anything that sounds ridiculous and after all if there is no profit then there is no business !!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Skipped "E" :biggrin:

"F"
It's to subconsciously steer them away from the bottom. :twisted:

I wouldn't do anything that sounds ridiculous and after all if there is no profit then there is no business !!
I agree you have to maintain quality but the minute you don't that's when they tell their friends and relatives how poor it came out. NOT that they chose the lowest package possible but they it didn't look good when you finished.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
LOL Skipped "E" :biggrin:

"F"
It's to subconsciously steer them away from the bottom. :twisted:

I agree you have to maintain quality but the minute you don't that's when they tell their friends and relatives how poor it came out. NOT that they chose the lowest package possible but they it didn't look good when you finished.

You're right - so F would be for F that !!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Anyone ever ask a customer what their budget is for their cleaning needs before offering up the price?

I think when most people hear "what's your budget for this" they feel you are asking so you can charge them the higher amount. No matter what they are getting done.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I think when most people hear "what's your budget for this" they feel you are asking so you can charge them the higher amount. No matter what they are getting done.

Good point !!

Ive been asked that a few times when looking to buy a vehicle .. a way to steer you in the right direction. Kinda what youd wanna do with the customer without letting them off the phone. Id hate to say $100 a room then say ok ok I can do it for $50 with less labor ..

I guess presenting package pricing would be the way to offer all levels without sounding like a car salesman .. catering to most budgets.

If all else fails - you could offer DJ's F package !!

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I just tell people that there are options, then explain them. My estimates look more like menus than suppositories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom