CDS heater hose replacement

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I have found that I am leaking coolant where the hose connects to the exchangers. Bottom exchanger coolant in is leaking and the loop hose at the end drivers side is leaking. I am going to replace the loop hose on the end and just cut an inch or so of the end of both entry hoses. My question is how much antifreeze will come out when these are disconnected and what is the best thing to do to keep lose to a minimum, I don't want coolant all inside my van.

Thanks

John Watson

Are you sure you just dont need to tighten the clamps??
If your connections are floor height, all the exchanger will drain including the bringing the level of the radiator and engine block(if above the floor) even with the opening.

Better safe than sorry, have couple gallon drain pan if possible or also have a small wet vac available to suck up extra if needed..

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I have already done that. I am 99% sure that is where it's coming from, it's not alot just enough to cause me to add a qt. of coolant about every 3 or 4 days of running the unit. I took it to Interlink so they could see and they told me they didn't see any leak. $65.00 and I still got a leak.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
make some plugs, Bobby.
you can use wooden dowels . just taper the end with sander.
DUH...even easier ... I bet you could use a piece of Styrofoam block to plug in the HX'er port.
Nothing is under pressure , right??

as far as the hose, just clamp it somewhere .
It will be easy if just regular rubber heater hose .
If more like h-pressure hydraulic hose, then squeeze it between to blocks of wood with C-clamp or Visegrips

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
get 2 small flat pieces of metal and a "C" clamp and clamp off the line some where up stream and then take it apart...I did this when I replaced the Vortex tank and it worked great........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom