Cell Phone Only?

Does anyone run their business using a cell phone as your main business line? I wouldn't have thought about doing that in the past, but now that companies have to allow you to keep your number if you change providers, it sounds like a viable option.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have been doing it for the last couple of years.

For 15 years before that my line was always forwarded to my cell phone anyway.

RickL

I've converted to cell phone only about 3 years ago. I also went to pretty much commercial only so I'm not dealing with a ton of calls. If I started to get a bunch of calls I'd use a service like Mike and Brian.

godzilla

Yep I use a cell phone only...They can get me where ever I am. Had no problems so far been doing it this way for three years now.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Thinking of doing the same thing, but I've had the same biz number for 40 years and don't want to rock the boat too much.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am thinking you might be able to switch it to Lee...

i have the whole time i been in biz...16 yrs now....

granted i dont do near the volume as some, and i do alot of commercial.... So when they call they dont get bugged when it hits VM....

lately i have even been texting some clients, as a quick way to stay in touch, or get what they want dont quickly...

Name
Nate W.
We have had 3 landlines that a rotary (rotary meaning 1number given out and if that line is busy, it transfers over to the next line) for at least 20 years... I'd never give them up to cellular service. Different business models for everyone. We had tmobile and other carriers systems go down and the landlines were the only thing we had to keep into contact. You can always forward your landline to a cell, but if the cell service goes down, I wouldn't want to risk the missed calls... My two cents... shiteatinggrin

Chris A

Name
Chris
you can switch it, we did about 2 months ago with Verizon.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I made my business number my cell number with Verizon several years ago. Never have had a problem with down service and goodbye fooking ATT. Well not quite. Make sure you call ATT and get your number listed in the White and Yellow pages as it will be removed otherwise. ATT still is in your wallet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
All my phones are cell from sprint.
The problem with land lines is if you move...you have to move them with you. Not a huge deal but still a pain.

The mobile part of having a phone is priceless.

In the 15 or so years I've been with sprint I've never had the system go down. Early on I would get more dropped calls (like all services) but now I don't get any.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My busn # has been my cell # since 95. I moved and back then you couldn't take your # with you if you moved into a different area. I had 4000 busn cards out there, all with the wrong phone #. So I decided to just use my cell# since it was a local call for anyone in the area but a local# would have been a long distance call from the peninsula.

If the network went down, they can always leave a message, which can be retrieved from any phone. When I'm traveling customers can call my # and it will ring wherever I am in Canada or the US, just like normal. They have no idea I am in Nashville or Toronto. I book the job and keep going.

Nice thing about the new regulations is that I can now keep my cell# if I decide to change carriers.

Becker

Name
Becker
You can do it.

I think YP use to charge a small fee for listing in the book, but who uses the book.

Internet you can list it everywhere.

I have to buddies in the trade that only use cell phones.

I use a land line number, but it is a remote access line. Not installed, just forwarded to a cell, or another land line.
Thinking of adding a few more lines besides the 1888 number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom