Center blower belt, tighter than the other 2

Mikey P

Administrator
The AT has 3 belts off the blower and two to the cat.

I installed three new blower belts and some how the the center of the three, which in not centered on the five groove pully is tighter than the others..

Let it settle in?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Are all three belts the same sizes? Or do they feed elsewhere? Try switching them around and see if the tight belt stays tight in another groove or if it balances out. Possible its not properly seated in groove.

Reactions: ronbeatty

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That's why I like matched belts. Someone said the tolerances are so tight now it doesn't matter. Hasnt been my experience.

Gene

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The AT has 3 belts off the blower and two to the cat.

I installed three new blower belts and some how the the center of the three, which in not centered on the five groove pully is tighter than the others..

Let it settle in?
Why is the belt not centered? Is it the pulley?
Makes no sense but I wouldn't worry to much about it unless it was really flapping.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Belt was made on a different day than the other two.

Do what Gene said, buy matched, they will all be the same, made on the same run.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
any time you run more then one belt it is important to make sure that the batch numbers match ..or I promise you...one will be off...and all it takes is it to be off just a little bit to screw up the whole works...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom