CFM Reading Test Results

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I tried doing a search but not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

Anyone have the exact numbers for the cfm reading when measuring 100ft 2in hose vs dual 50ft (2in) to the door and another 50ft into the house (4 to the door set up) ..

How about a reading between the devastator (2in) vs the Mytee 2in

And a reading for a 50ft 2in hide a hose vs 50 ft regular 2in hose

I want to see how much of a drop using a hide a hose would be .. If it's a slight drop, the benefit of having it may out weigh the drop. (vibration,tangling,burning,impressions,blowouts,pinched by door,etc)

Also ready to buy a better filter - Mytee around $100 and Devastator around $240 .. I need to be convinced paying the extra would really benefit best cfms .. (not just a slight improvement) - thanks

Still looking for a new uph tool - any recommendations

FredC

Village Idiot
surface area

did Mytee ever fix the issue with their filter collapsing when exposed to heat/vac?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Is there a second revised version of that St Bernard barrel design?
Mine caved in just like the more tubular original design did.

Wrong type of plastic for this application

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Only thing them filters is good for is catching the filth coming out the waste side when dumping.

Use em for their design! Blowin not Sukin.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Hide-a-Hose setups collect lint, and take time to clean properly.

Larry

An occasional clean out would be worth the convenience ..

Also wanted to know how many cfms are lost when using a 12in hose vs a 6in from blower to vac tank and the 90 degree vs straight shot - I'm looking for measured stats -

I hear using shorter, direct hose is better .. it seems logical but if it's only a slight difference then I may reconsider modifying my current machine

FredC

Village Idiot
Larry is this where you tell us that the Mytee filter IS PVC instead of materials more commonly used in rotomolding and that PVC is the same strength regardless of design,process, thickness, additives, etc?

That you want the flexibility (read collapse) that PVC is usually chosen for over other materials (PE/HDPE/LLDPE) in rotomolding applications?

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Isnt HDPE just an anti static saying.
Something about chicken fat to prevent static electricity.

We had to use these type of jugs to ship bulk smokeless powder.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Seems to me a sock type filter in the tank wrapped around incoming tube would be the best bet .. this way there's no going from 2 or 2.5in hose from tank to filter canister (which is about 5-6in,or so,wide) back down to 2-2.5

A sock in the tank makes your vac tank the filter container - so what was the purpose of having the devastator or Mytee type filter again? Is it to chase the customer around the house with it showing wha - cha caught?

I have the original non Mytee type filter with screen sleeve and it's more of a pain than having the sock in the tank type I used years ago .. there are times I'd have to clean it out in the middle of a job for better suction .. a sock in the tank only once a day and could even go longer ( yes I do pre-vac)

Last edited:
Name
Andy McFadden
The benefit with something like the devastator is being able to clean the filter out on the ground instead of crawling in side the van messing with the waist tank. Just give it a quick wash down in between jobs, and dump it at the end of the day.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Yeah I forgot most vac tanks are buried behind other equipment so having the devastator makes a lot of sense - thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom