CFR extractor and the SOA

timnelson

Does anybody here use a CFR extractor? From what I know about this equipment, I am amazed that it was even considered for SOA. For those of you who are not familiar, this equipment re-uses the cleaning solution after it passes through a series off filters. Nobody has ever offered a real answer as to how the machine knows the difference between detergent (which it is supposed to let pass through) and urine (which it is HOPEFULLY filtering out).

Thanks for your comments.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
CFR Equipment

I had the equipment demo done on my residence back in 1990 ( we had just moved in).
The equipment itself was well made and the tools were too...
But the chemicals were way way to expensive and after the carpets dried they were stiff and turned our socks brown very quickly. They were re cleaned with the same results ( So I was not impressed with the chemicals). I cleaned them with a rug bug portable and the problem was solved.

I was so impressed with their furniture tool however that I still use them today! Ask Larry Cobb, they are awesome tools.

cleanex

I agree great tools from CFR, question the recycling ability of the machine, we used the machine in our commercial maintenance side for awhile but we where never convinced that it was the way to go so we stopped using them

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
My experience is exactly the same as Don Eldred above.

We had 2 of their machines. I think we still have one the early Altra 400 models in storage if anyone wants to make an offer. But buyer beware - it's not a good cleaning system IMHO.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Put that machine right up there with the Chemstractor. Some people will sell anything to make a buck.

Golden Boy

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I demoed the machines years ago and being a newbie then could tell that it was a hokey system.

And I thought the wand and furniture tool was awkward to use too.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Does their floor tool have rollers on the lips?

I think I know someone who has one and loves. I also believe a certain glide maker even made a prototype for the wand and the guy hated it.

Name
Jesse
I've not used their extractors, but I did return air movers and vacuums after my local supplier talked me into buying their cfr crap. I would not own those machines if they were 1/20th the price.

Back
Top Bottom