CFX as booster

mrsqueaky

Hey what do you think about using the Rotovac CFX as a booster? I would hook it up to my porty. What hose lengths could I go?

mrsqueaky

CFX is $1,500. It has the live dump so I dont have to empty the tank. I like the fact that is has 200 CFM. They said I can go 150 ft from the machine when hooked up to my other porty. What will those boosters do for me???

Greenie

mrsqueaky said:
I guess you can hook it up through the exhaust.

Uh....don't do that. Actually you can't.

The CFX pumps out through a dedicated hose, and I don't think there is a single "exhaust" barb to hook to anyways.

Even if you were to rig some contraption, you base porty would just serve as a collection tank, you might as well just pump to a drain or toilet like the machine was intended to do, it's whole purpsoe was to be a suitcase extractor that made your full sized porty an afterthought.

If you already have a porty, and want a nice boost, just pay the $599 for a plastic booster from Mytee or twice that for a Marine Alum. version from FjordKing, and be done with it.

mrsqueaky

Rotovac said I can hook up to the exhaust and the water will never hot my porty. What will the mytee do for hose lengths?

Greenie

So I must have misunderstood the CFX plumbing, I guess they have a "single" exhaust? This leads me to believe it's actually a 100 cfm machine with the vacs inline, one sucking behind the other "series".

So Rotovac told you to hook your dual vac unit to this dual vac unit, giving you 4 two stage vacs in series...still 100 cfm with a pile of water lift?

If you need an auto pump out that bad, then g'head. But honestly, at some point I would just sell teh old unit and put $2500 in to a high performance self contained 15 gal M5 with twice the vacuum and twice the pump and be done with it.

Greenie

then it would likely have two Exhaust...fairly difficult to Y together in a small suitcase body, so it makes the whole inline vac booster idea kinda wack.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That's kinda cool. But they claim it will add another 200 inches of lift to any machine. I think that they mean cfm. Either way in the end, it's just another gadget that is supposed to make up for what your truck mount should already have. If it was clear then you could use it to show your customers what was coming out. I had a clear pool filter so customers could see the muck coming out but most didn't care. It did entertain a few kids but when it broke I didn't feel it was worth replacing.

Gene

Greenie

oops...typo.
Is that Ted at KleenKuip's typo or Rotovac's?

The more I look at it, more I think the vacs are set up in series, I'll have to have a look at the RV website.

Greenie

Glad I looked.

I was on the series Path because I was led to believe this unit could be used as an INLINE vacuum booster.

Not so.

The vacs (as I said earlier) exhaust separately, and there is NO provision for an inline vacuum hose to be attached "out the back" to a portable extractor. So there is no way to add inline vacuum to this unit. Just mis-information.

It's just a small, portable extractor that pumps out, and uses tap water pressure to clean...I get it, it's very specifically designed to work with a Rotovac high flow low pressure tool.

Now...back to your regular programming.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
If that case Greenie, something is seriously wrong with Rotovac's product knowledge.

I have a friend here (Pablo) good guy, good cleaner who is currently using a porty. He phoned Rotovac and talked to them (they speak spanish so he likes to deal with them) and they sold him on the CFX based on the fact that he can also use it as inline booster with his current porty. I don't think the guy has the $2000 to blow right now, so I hope they are right.

Greenie

Bill, just watch the CFX video on rotovac's site and tell me what you see?

The idea with "any" inline vacuum booster, is to supplement vacuum airflow while maintaining waterlift, not to "compete" with the base extractor unit...it's very much a tug-o-war, but the base unit must always be the victor, so it's all about a balance.

I can't see just any ol run of the mill porty being able to be run with a two vacuum booster.

How do I know?

Cause I had Terry build me a superbooster dual 3 stage vacs (parallel) for a truckmount back when I was first running 2.5" hose....it's a page for the history books.

There is a reason Mytee is first releasing their inline vac booster with a SINGLE 2 stage high perf. vac.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
That's what I am afraid of. I don't think Rotovac knows what they talking about right now. He has two 2-stage vacs in his Esteem porty, but plumbed in series, so I think the CFX would work "in theory" IF it is actually 200 CFM and NOT 200" lift. And if is designed as a flow-thru booster.

I am telling him to forget about the CFX and just buy a pimped M5 from you. But pretty much all his work is apartments, and so he likes the portability factor of the CFX and he already has RV 360 with Greenglides.

Greenie, on a side note: would the 3-stage Mytee booster work well with the M5 (all the same motors)?

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
If you just look at the pictures of the CFX I see NO WAY to hook up the hose to a truckmount or portable? And if the thing works like it should why would you need to? The point of a machine like this is that it is easy to use and eliminates long hose runs and bucket dumping plus you only run like 25-50ft of hose so you get plenty of suck for a 360. The downfall of machines like this is the lack of a pump. Maybe they mean that if you have a real long hose run that for convinience you can hook the 360 into the solution portion of your truckmount for good heat and pressure and use the vac of the CFX so you only have to run 100's of ft of solution and not vac hose. Hell I don't know just guessing. I am with Greenie on this one until proven otherwise :mrgreen:

Greenie

Bill Soukoreff said:
Greenie, on a side note: would the 3-stage Mytee booster work well with the M5 (all the same motors)?

My guess is yes (on an M5), but since i haven't done it personally I will hold back 5% of my opinion, as I'm not 100% sure I want a vac motor with THAT high of water lift in the booster, I might down grade it a bit to be safe...there is this variable of hose length that impacts what you can get away with, what works at 25' from the base unit, may not work at 75' the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom