CGD - before & after

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
after a very slow Spring, work is finally picking up. we cleaned a little over 14k CGD today. from 8:30 to 5:30 with the Trio. on this one i used Snake Oil with hydrogen peroxide that i mixed up myself...it was around 47 volume. S.O. @ 8 oz. per & H.P. @ 6 oz. per. heavily soiled carpet, all very light colored like the photos show. i used 10-12 RTU gallons of solution total. this carpet i went over with 2 wet passes and 2 dry. this was one job that i dreaded, i thought that many of the spots would be problems. this was in the breakroom, much of the facility was similar spot-wise. after 7 years of doing CGD full time, these results gave us the biggest thrill.

9172106712_0c7d1d1644_b.jpg
9169887107_81fd9cbdbd_b.jpg

probably would'a taken most of y'all only a few hours i know :p

anyone know why the center of most of my phone's pic's are pink like that? always happens :angry:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

FredC

Village Idiot
So you subbed the spot/stain removal out to Stanley? :D

The pink is "pink spot syndrome" and affects a lot of devices...adjusting white balance or turning the flash on may help.......may be updates to minimize it too.....

what phone?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Derek I've found that first going over the SPOTS with a bonnet and some juice will actually remove more of the spots or problem areas and then you go over the rest with the CRB.

After all where does the spot really go when you just use the trio?

And you'll see the results in a bonnet pad because they are physically removed.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Chris A

Name
Chris
now I bet once you go back and actually clean it the carpet will look great!

kidding!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tx fellas!

Damon, no prespray ahead of time. on CGD i never allow for dwell like i do on resi. the Trio & Cimex are aggressive and heavy enough to be able to do fine with out it.

pic was taken immediately after cleaning. carpet was dry 30 minutes later, looked exactly the same. the Trio is the newest Whittaker CRB with 3 brush rolls.

so you're saying it looks bad James? :icon_cry:

tx for the tips Barrett & Fred!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Damon
I agree with running a bonnet over the areas.

But you do it before the CRB and not after? You don't think you'd pull more out and help with the dry time by running a post bonnet?

No Derek it does look good.

But I would want to remove those troublesome spots with a bonnet before I CRB'd it.

I'd get the same results but a different style.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks really good man! I've been cleaning carpet for quite a few years and am just now realizing the potential with encapsulation. I bought a Cimex almost a month ago and have used it on almost all CGD since. I've only used Realeasit in the machine so far with grey Fiber max pads for commercial and am really happy with the results. I just don't have anything to compare it to. Do you like Snake Oil better? Do you also use grey pads when using the Cimex? Do you ever use your Cimex on tile? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Russ if your cimex is giving you great results already then you're good to go for sure. I haven't used mine in awhile, but I've used it to strip vct once and clean t&g a couple times with great results.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom