CGD bubbles?

Mike Draper

I cleaned 11k sq. ft. Today. Cimex pre-scrub and shower feed, steam clean and extract. This only happened in 1 spot. Carpet was dry within 2.5 hours. I keep my temp at the wand at 210. What caused this?
View attachment 4687

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Improper installation. It will happen everytime it is cleaned unless you encapsulates it. Not your fault and unless you pull it up trim it and re-glue it there is nothing you can do to keep it from happening again

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Will it settle back down? Or is it gonna stay bubbled?

It should go back down after a couple of days but could take longer.

I'm actually kind of surprised that you haven't seen this or haven't seen all those threads over the years discussing this very thing.

Btw John, we have done a job recently where we cleaned a clubhouse of a golf course and about 3000 sqft of the job was only encapped without steam cleaning it. And you guessed it: it looked like the ocean down the street from us...it was so badly buckled. So encapping can and will buckle bad installation jobs.
It was done with Orbot and was definitely not over wet. Most likely less moisture was on the carpet then when we Cimex a carpet.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How old is the carpet? Wheels can do that kind of damage. Ofiice chairs are often the culprit if they don't use chair mats. In the hall like that and near the door I'd guess janitors cart loaded down. Its at a pivot point from that door. Just a guess.

Mike Draper

I've seen it regularly in a residential setting, but not in a commercial setting. The carpet is in great condition so I don't think it's janitors doing. Improper installation makes sense. Carpet us 8 years old.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've seen it regularly in a residential setting, but not in a commercial setting. The carpet is in great condition so I don't think it's janitors doing. Improper installation makes sense. Carpet us 8 years old.

To us, most of the time this would happen on commercial carpet not residential.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If it's cgd and it looks like it is. Wouldn't that be caused by glue failing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom