cgd water stain

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a water stain in a hallway at a office. Is stain one my best bet. The last guy could not get it out.

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some of those can be difficult to permanently remove on CGD. HWE can make it wick but since it's already been cleaned you're not trying to remove soil. I'd use low moisture, spray your anti-browning agent and bonnet it off.

That should work better but I would not make any guarantees, no matter how good it looks when dry.

It could still come back, lighter but come back in time (several months).

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You can apply an oxidizer such as Stain 1 or StainZONE. But whatever you do finish with encapsulation. Encapuclean O2 with bonnet or CRB or simply brush in Encapuguard if you don't have the CRB or rotary machine available.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
If I get this out I will get the account. The last guy cleaned it with a vortex, so this stain is the reason he is gone.
I'm going to treat with stain one before cleaning, clean, air path dry it. Then encap with some vacaway I have left and add some 20 vol to it.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Goodness, are we all in agreement here that since it has already been HWE and is clean.

That padding is the solution?

Pretty sure we are fellas : )

Mardie will croak over this one, lol

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If I get this out I will get the account. The last guy cleaned it with a vortex, so this stain is the reason he is gone.
I'm going to treat with stain one before cleaning, clean, air path dry it. Then encap with some vacaway I have left and add some 20 vol to it.
If it means an account I'm going to guarantee removal. Meaning when it comes back, even months later I'm coming out with my machine pad and sprayer and hitting it again.

If that secures an account then that 10-20 minutes is time/money well invested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve_64

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I always tell people if the if the spot comes back, we come back. I think after we get done I will encap it. It's a dentist office, shouldn't take long. Would you believe I came in $60 higher than the big truck. So she is paying $60 to get the spot out.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I'm cleaning 700 sq ft of cgd this weekend. It has several large water spots, drywall dust and some spots of crud. Should I hwe it then encap with Hydrox and put fans on it?

Vacuum thoroughly first! Then HWE, then post treat your areas where the water stains were and you should be good to go

steve_64

i have an apartment complex office with glue down cdg. theres a spot that keeps coming back, i think its oil on the concrete wicking up. only way i can keep it down for about a year is to use a solvent based protector after i clean it. i guess it locks it out from wicking up.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I'm cleaning 700 sq ft of cgd this weekend. It has several large water spots, drywall dust and some spots of crud. Should I hwe it then encap with Hydrox and put fans on it?

Or you could encap it with Encapuclean O2. I think I am envious that Rick gets "Thanks" for saying encap with HydrOx after I said Encapuclean O2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom