chair mat lines...............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what does everyone do to get them out..seems no matter what I use or scrub with.I always have a faint ( noticeable ) shadow ..........any secretes ?????

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I have some success with a cimex or whittaker on cdg. On residential, the whittaker seems to do a fair job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its not wear.........it is more like the dirt filtered the edges.......but it just don't want to clean

TimP

Have you tried different solvents or different pre conditioner's...maybe someone spilled coffee? Maybe you need to put in a good emulsifier and flush the hell out of it cause it could be impacted with sand and have to be blasted out. Have you tried some stain magic or similar? If it's grey or a lighter color than the original it's wear....of course you should know that though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sorry...I am sure I have missed a lot of things..for about the last 4 months I have been busy and just doing hit and miss on the threads.............

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Jim, the only place I could find it out here was Safeway, look in laundry detergent aisle.

Becker

Name
Becker
Buy band new house, set up the den, put down a chair mat.

Sure the mat is a great idea, even though of stocking the van with them and reselling them but here is the problem.

1. the carpet under than mat is preserved.

2. the area bordering the mat does not get vacuumed well. Vac part of the way up on the mat, part on the carpet. roller brush off the carpet, and air seeks the least resistance. So the edges get soiled quicker.

3. chairs roll off mat and speed up wear around edges.

It's a no win.

Name
R.J. Povio
Jim,

If the lines look like filtration lines then use a filtration soil remover as you would near baseboards.

We will spray the lines with an enzymatic pre-spray...and work in with a brush. Sometimes repeating that process a few times helps as well. Rinse really well too.

Also at Dollar Tree and or Dollar General stores they sell this product called "Awesome"....yeah that's the name Awesome. Comes in a red 32 oz plastic trigger sprayer bottle. Sometimes they have it in a clear trigger sprayer bottle. It says to dilute the product. I would suggest doing that...b/c straight it definitely gets too foamy. Try 25% product 75% water.

Anyone ever heard of the product I mentioned above called Awesome????

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
when i get an area that is messed up i smear gum gel on it and rub it in. works well but can be expensive.

Name
Eric Valentine
Here is a list of retailers that sell Fels Naptha according to the Dial Corp. website (they make Fels Naptha)

Fels Naptha in Tucson, AZ

To locate Fels Naptha near you, click this link, choose Laundry Care,
scroll down to Fels naptha Bar Soap 5.5 oz, enter your zip code and
search radius, then click find stores.

Hope this helps

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Cyclone works too... so does BP Solvent clean... But my original answer works the best most of the time.

Mikey P

Administrator
If it's not wear on a Olefin CGD, a very aggressive scrubbing with a WF Encap and a fresh red or a worn in green pad should do the trick under your 175.

You do have a 175 right Jim?

Every Premium cleaner should.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
If it's not wear on a Olefin CGD, a very aggressive scrubbing with a WF Encap and a fresh red or a worn in green pad should do the trick under your 175.

You do have a 175 right Jim?

Every Premium cleaner should.

it was not Olefin CGD it was a cut pile nylon........

and you already know I haven't found a 175 yet.............

But I do have the RX and my drive block for pads....

But I don't want CM George accusing me of voiding any warranties and blooming the fibers ......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tennant 175/300 adjustable at the handle.Off set motor for one handed operation.

IT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom