Chair mats..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pull the chair mat up to clean a room and find the area under it is wet and has a moldy smell to it....
carpet is desert dry around the outside edges but very wet in the center......I am seeing more and more of this lately......I have had a few that when I pull them up it looks like someone poured a pitcher of red kool aid on the carpet....

Concrete sweating and the plastic chair mat not allowing the carpet to breath.......????????????

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
pull the chair mat up to clean a room and find the area under it is wet and has a moldy smell to it....
carpet is desert dry around the outside edges but very wet in the center......I am seeing more and more of this lately......I have had a few that when I pull them up it looks like someone poured a pitcher of red kool aid on the carpet....

Concrete sweating and the plastic chair mat not allowing the carpet to breath.......????????????

Afraid so. Is it on mostly new to newer homes? Rare to find it in older homes here.

I did have a wool rug with the same problem. Good thing I brushed the fibers with my hand while inspecting. Fibers falling out left and right. The lady basically had a chair pad on top of the rug over a tiled floor near the beach. That was a first for me. :D

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Maybe you should add a sideline business selling perforated chair mats. amazon.com sells roll-up bamboo office chair mats that would help.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Maybe they hired a carpet soaker and had to put the mat down before the carpet dried.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom