Charging by the hour

Name
Brad Gouveia
There is a local guy here that say he charges by the hour. How much I dont know I been meaning to call but been too busy. Anyone here ever try it? I would think if I told people I make $100 and a hour they would slam the door in my face.

Name
steve snail
I charge by the hour. Just like meAt, a buck fifty (cleaning only) puts a smile on my face! When i quote a price I just do the math w/out having to measure. If you charge by the sq ft or by the room, don't you average a set amount per hour?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I figure the hourly into my square footage price. I don't think anyone would want to pay that way considering the amount.
It's better to let them think it will take longer because of price and then when they see the finished product they are cool with it.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah, alot of places I judge by how long i think it will take. Esp. on commercial work and based on various factors. But I never come out and say that I charge x per hour. 3 Rooms for us is $149, if i said I charge $149 per hour people would assume I am ripping them off. But sometimes I can do 3 rooms in an hour.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
RandyHilburn said:
Anthony, do you consider 'drive time' to the customers address in your rate per hour?

And it's not how much you make per hour, it's how much you make at the end of the day.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
RandyHilburn said:
Anthony, do you consider 'drive time' to the customers address in your rate per hour?

No but if i am pricing commercial work that is further than 45 minutes, then I take that into consideration.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Why is it that we are the only trade on the planet that does not charge by the hour. If an electrician is wiring up a light fixture in your home you don't stand behind him making sure he's not goofing off. I'd like to know who the guy was that came up with sq. ft. and room pricing. It was Gary Heacock wasn't it?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you should decide what you need and want to make per hour and fix your prices that way. Example I got screwed on a sectional today $155 microfiber with dog spit all over took me 2.2 hrs when I average about 1.2 hrs but yesterday I did one in 45 minutes. Sometimes your on the curve and sometimes your off the curve. I know I make $145 hr doing upholstery

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no it shoudln't be. You missed the point. The point is you decide how much based on your time. When you know what you can do in a certain time you should price accordingly. I always leave a chem line and scrub line to pad the bill when needed

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
A large percent of my jobs are billed hourly. But after 30 years as a O/O everyone is a regular customer or referral. Most do not ask a price, maybe 1 in 10.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
KevinD said:
A large percent of my jobs are billed hourly. But after 30 years as a O/O everyone is a regular customer or referral. Most do not ask a price, maybe 1 in 10.

I love those.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom