Chatter marks

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Customer says her kid dragged their 8 yr old futon across the basement carpeting,and the black plastic tabs on bottom of legs left black chatter marks on flat basement carpet:clap:... I'm wondering if these black plastic tabs loose their molded finish and start leaving raw material on the carpeting.im also wondering how to remove these marks..:icon_question:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
try a citrus solvent or any solvent pog etc, and rinse if that doesn't get it probably permanent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
try a citrus solvent or any solvent pog etc, and rinse if that doesn't get it probably permanent

X2 - We service a big apartment complex all the 3 & 4 bedrooms have futons, and run into this. The black marks usually remove with a citrus solvent. Our pre-spray has solvents in it and comes out with a breeze, sometimes we need to hit 'em with some citrus in a trigger sprayer. On CGD carpet it can cause permanent damage if its separated the rows of carpet. Look like tractor tire tracks in the carpet, but if its just black from the bottom should be no prob.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
one other thing if its burn like Chavez pointed out I would take a double bladed razor I use for repairs, go with the knapp and do a light scrap You don't want to cut the fiber maybe just the tips.
Goodluck!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bear in mind that if it is a burn, it means Olefin.And Olefin bonds with citrus solvent (delimonine.)

So use little and flush very well.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
went to the job today,and i believe the carpet is damaged,not willing to touch it.it is burned/melted from sliding the plastic legs around.:hopeless:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom