Cheap but expensive wool area rug

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
One or two year old 10X14 off white brittle wool woven area rug. Lots of fun fibers! 78% wool, 12% cotton, 7% rayon, and my favorite, 3% others.
Cleaned it yesterday with a mild dilution of Prochem Ultrapac and rinsed with All Fiber Rinse.
The rug looks much better, but no where near, of course, what the unused areas look like.
I’m not looking for perfection, I’d just like to knock down the dinge a bit more in the center of the rug.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
With that combination of fibers, you are asking for browning if you get much more aggressive.

If browning from the cellulose fibers gets into the wool, it can be challenging to remove.

The veterans here will all tell you of times where they tried "one more thing" and wished they had stopped.

You are very likely at that point.

Short of owning a time machine, I think its time to stop.

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
With that combination of fibers, you are asking for browning if you get much more aggressive.

If browning from the cellulose fibers gets into the wool, it can be challenging to remove.

The veterans here will all tell you of times where they tried "one more thing" and wished they had stopped.

You are very likely at that point.

Short of owning a time machine, I think its time to stop.
Thanks Jim, that’s all I needed to hear.

Name
Jeff T
Had a client ask us to clean a viscose 8 x 10. There is 2 large dogs in the house, and the level of soiling was so bad, I refused it. They then proceeded to call a different company who came out, put it on her driveway, sprayed it, scrubbed it with a deck brush, then blasted it with high heat...
The results were less than stellar.
The lady called me to ask if we could ‘fix’ it....
Let’s just say, when I went out to look at it, it was ruined...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom