Cheap QD's ????

R

R W

I had for years bought Parker QD's for my solution hoses. They were pricey, like $20+ per set. Lately, I have been buying cheaper ones that a local supplier has in stock. Now, this weekend, I was duel wanding, or trying to, using a Ti wand with the Greenglides HP valve, and a standard PC Quad wand. I set the pressure at 800 psi, which ran straight to the Ti with no problems. But for the Quad, I ran it on a valved line, so that I could cut down on the pressure to that wand. When you key the wand, you get an initial surge, but it cuts down to how much you have the inline valve set. The Quad wand would cut out all together after a few minutes of use. It seems like the newer QD's would lock up on either the male or female side after the solution "T" (split of the solution lines) Today, I switched over to my Steamway wand with the Greenglides HP valve, and every thing ran OK. I don't think the Quad valve is rated over 500PSI.

Anybody experience this??

I'm going back to Parkers.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
RW;

Parkers are top quality.

We have them for under $15 per set (male & female).

The ones you had might be Chinese.

Larry

R

R W

Re: Cheap QD's ???? Revisit......

Well, I found out the problem with the QD's that were shutting down. The place where I bought them were having problems, too. So were other customers that had bought these cheaper fittings. I have gone back to Parkers....I got the sets for around $20, and I will stock up at that price. I went to the local Parker supplier, and he quoted me about $50 a set! I'm sure it was high retail at that price.

Larry Cobb was offering to sell me sets at around $20, and I thank him. I think shipping from Texas would be a bit pricey, but I will keep him in mind.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I got a few sets of Parkers from Cobb recently. Parkers aren't all problem-free, but much better than the more expensive junk available locally.

R

R W

I'll stick with Parkers for a while. The junk fittings I had been using the last couple of months worked well at first, and then the poppet ?? valves that allow for the hose to seal when disconnected started falling apart. The worse thing I ever had with Parkers were leaking seals after many hours of use and 230*+ heat.

Back
Top Bottom