Check this out!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So I'm from Wisconsin which can be lethal in the winter. I have a job on the 9th floor (top floor) of a highrise condo building this morning. By the time I finish running the hose and dropping the water line down, going down to hook it up and get going, the freaking water line is froze at the couplers (200 Ft.). I drop the hose back down, thaw the hose, run super hot water through the lines, drop the hose again, start cleaning and fought the vac hose clogging with ice for the next 3 hrs. before finishing. Had to de-clog the hose numerous times throughout the job and probably was up and down in the building ten times. By the time I was done all the vac hose was frozen, 1 vac hose broke. I generally will make an attempt at a job if questionable, but the temp was at 24 degrees at the start which wasn't bad, but it dropped into the teens by the end, but the wind chill is what I think did me in. Haven't had a frozen hose in twenty years. Oh, and by the way, it was on a lake, which makes it that much worse. My whole head was red from the cold. What a ride.

Fred Homan

Was All solution line outside? If not, slip some foam insulation that splits down the middle over that line. It will keep it from freezing. Pick some up at Menards for a few bucks. It works!

Fred

Greenie

As soon as I heard "berber" and "Hi Lo" I was thinking OP too, this IS where the OP rocks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doug Cox said:
So I'm from Wisconsin which can be lethal in the winter. I have a job on the 9th floor (top floor) of a highrise condo building this morning.

highrise, 9th floor, with a TM???

eff that, winter OR summer...

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom