check valves

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

We have seen them stick from time to time.

Probably from chemical residue (customers not using our chemicals).

I would clean them in a mild acid solution.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Take the jet off and inside the check valve is a hex screw ...I take mine completely out and flush it with water in case I have something stuck under the little ball or the spring........

Put it all back together and snug down the hex screw and then back it off about a 1/4 to a 1/2 turn...

Just don't do what I did and when you put the jets back on..... don't tighten them to much to the check valve will crack and you will be calling Greenie.............

Greenie

We seem to get two good years from a set of checkvalve jet extenders, probably could get much much more but the occasional scratched brass body or chem residue makes most guys just put in a new set and be done with the guessing.

Everyone above is correct, it's just a ball, a tapered spring , and brass Allen head "keeper" that holds them in, I will emphasize they are made of brass and on purpose, with a nickle plate, it's the brass between two stainless parts, the jet and the jet manifold, so you will never strip a thread at a bad time. As a final note, the SS jets do seem to do BETTER with a double wrap of teflon tape so you don't tend to bottom the jet out in the checkvalve, you SHOULD still see threads on the SS jet when it's snug.

Name
steve snail
Thanks to all.

Took them apart last night as soaked them in vinegar then reassembled. Worked like a charm today, no leaks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom