chem meter

scotty747

comes up at first then drops o the bottom. isnt it supposed to stay put?
cat 290. could it be a worn pump? cant find any leaks.

Fon Johnson

You have an air leak somewhere. I'd just replace all of the chemical draw lines, and it would not hurt to put new hoses on the pump too. There is also the chance the dwyer meter is cracked, but I had a small leak somewhere that was fixed by replacing hoses on my hammer.

scotty747

hydra-cat. it sucks up good when i let the hose flow with a quick-connect on the solution line. the meter is new. ill try replacing all the hoses.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
if that doesn't work I would check your check valves in the chem pump or the valves in the pressure pump and make sure they are working right. Check your chem diaphram too.

Name
Kevin McCreary
if its an old hydra cat it most likely has nothing to do with the cat pump. it is probably the Dema valve(brass) on the side of the mix tank or the filter in the Dema valve. Its also a siphon so make sure you have good water flow to the machine via transfer pump or garden hose. Also make sure the chemical strainer in your chem jugs check valve is working correctly. Check the entire system for air leaks.

scotty747

i dont think i have a dema valve or a mix tank. just a jug with the check valve in the line, the meter, and a check valve going into the top of the cat pump. am i missing something? any pics would help.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Besides making sure your flow is good and no air leaks in the plumbing.

The Hydracat uses a dema proportioner which has a small rubber diaphram under the cap on top of the dema. The rubber diaphram gets hard over time from chemicals and will slow the flow down.

Name
R.J. Povio
definitely check pick up hoses....ive had them crack/collapse and it cuts off the necessary vacuum to pick up the soap from the bucket. Check at the end of the pick up tube....should be a screen....check to see if thats plugged. Run straight vinegar through pick up lines/soap meter to neutralize system too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom