Chemdry XTS

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
That thing looks like junk. It cracks me up how chem dry is fighting tooth and nail to convince people they are not hot water extraction. They have no choice but to bash hwe because their business is built on that philosiphy. The rx20 was a tank. I cant see how this plastic piece of junk would be any better.

Name
John LaBarbera
The thing of it is, back in the 80's Hydramaster had an attachment that sat on to of the RX that made it self contained...now it's a patented system for ChemWho...:bull:

View attachment 1078

In the 1990's Mytee designed the first rotational molded version of The Hydramaster/Cleanmaster rotary self contained to replace their the metal body. The Work ultimately ended up at Kleenrite who changed the look but retained a similiar handle. If that new machine is patented, it would be interesting to know what they patented as there is nothing new but the actual shape. I believe they patent stuff so that it is easier to sell their franchises.

Mikey P

Administrator
really?

a self contained REX?

wow.

I bet it handles almost as good as a Crown Vic....

filling and draining ever 18.6 seconds would be a real treat.

Name
John LaBarbera
really?

a self contained REX?

wow.

I bet it handles almost as good as a Crown Vic....

filling and draining ever 18.6 seconds would be a real treat.

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head. They probably are playing the low flow, fast drying card.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
the recession has taken a real bite out of the local chem dry mans ass. I attended an iicrc hard surface class where a couple of the chem dry people attended and you can really tell that they have been programed into the whole chemdry brain chip.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I attended an iicrc hard surface class where a couple of the chem dry people attended and you can really tell that they have been programed into the whole chemdry brain chip.
Unlike them, we've been programmed into the whole Mikey's board brain chip.

Currently Fred is considering a total recall :eekk:.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
the recession has taken a real bite out of the local chem dry mans ass. I attended an iicrc hard surface class where a couple of the chem dry people attended and you can really tell that they have been programed into the whole chemdry brain chip.

As a former CD owner I can tell you of course they are programed by CD - they have to be. That's the price you pay by being a CD franchise. But being programed isn't restricted to CD. How about those who think you can't do a good job cleaning carpet using a portable? :hopeless:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
that thing is going to be a beast to use. Give a choice I bet a lot of them go back to a bonnet!

A porty CAN do a decent job, but not as good as a TM. The only time I resort to porty work is when TM is not an option.

How about this for a tool/machine: (I dreamed about it this morning)
It has an RX20 head like this machine, or a bonnet/op head, but following up behind is a walk-behind HWE machine. The guy using it was wearing no uniform and working out of an unmarked car. It reminded me of this machine.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
(I dreamed about it this morning)
It has an RX20 head like this machine, or a bonnet/op head, but following up behind is a walk-behind HWE machine. The guy using it was wearing no uniform and working out of an unmarked car. It reminded me of this machine.

That's a very vivid dream Ron. (I like it). I hope the guy without the uniform at least had some underclothes on or it would have been pretty gross. Was he vacumming slow?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name

That's a very innovative idea. If the extraction machine was modular and you carried it in separate, and it had 2-3 stage vacs and a 220 psi inline solution pump with a bypass to the waste pump-out, and the RX20 was made with carbon fiber and other weight reducing materials, you would have a 2 cord, 2 water line machine that would blow even a Vortex out of the water in cleaning and drying capability. Throw in a HX hooked to the two vacuum exhaust manifolds and you have the best cleaning machine on the planet.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
That's a very innovative idea. If the extraction machine was modular and you carried it in separate, and it had 2-3 stage vacs and a 220 psi inline solution pump with a bypass to the waste pump-out, and the RX20 was made with carbon fiber and other weight reducing materials, you would have a 2 cord, 2 water line machine that would blow even a Vortex out of the water in cleaning and drying capability. Throw in a HX hooked to the two vacuum exhaust manifolds and you have the best cleaning machine on the planet.

Why complicate things with large volumes of water,high watage, waterhoses in and out and he. When the best 1-2 punch in the commercial cc industry already exists.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Why complicate things with large volumes of water,high watage, waterhoses in and out and he. When the best 1-2 punch in the commercial cc industry already exists.

So you're saying we should just pretend the last 50 years of advancements in carpet cleaning never happened and we should go back to the old days of scrub and run?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
As a former CD owner I can tell you of course they are programed by CD - they have to be. That's the price you pay by being a CD franchise. But being programed isn't restricted to CD. How about those who think you can't do a good job cleaning carpet using a portable? :hopeless:
I rocked a porty the first few years in business. I did great work. I just got tired of the slow production times. I also got tired of replacing parts and portable machines as they are no where near as durable and industrial as a tm. I still have a 500 psi porty I use on a hotel account.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can do a good job, its just much harder to do using one. There are such production killers, if that is the only option for cleaning I'm going to charge more or pass on the job. My techs hate using them and after personally cleaning for decades with many different brands I agree with them. Id rather OP than use a porable, at least the results are better.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I rocked a porty the first few years in business. I did great work. I just got tired of the slow production times. I also got tired of replacing parts and portable machines as they are no where near as durable and industrial as a tm. I still have a 500 psi porty I use on a hotel account.

I have to admit - I've never used a TM so I guess I'm not a good person to answer what's better. Maybe its one of those things that it's better to NOT know what I'm missing. I do know I do great work too. I've got plenty of regular customers who were unhappy with CCers who they used before that were TMers. If we are being honest we all know it the operator, not the equipment (at least in most cases) that dictates what kind of job gets done.

I'm wondering about the faster production times with a TM. With my portable - and what sounds like cheaper pricing than what many of you charge - I produce at about $80 to $100 per hour. I think thats about what everyone is around. Am I wrong on that figure?

On portable machine dependablility - I've had this particular machine that I bought off CraigsList for nearly 2 years. I replaced the pump when I got it and nothing else. But I've also used the same vacuum cleaner for years now. That's because I'm an owner/operator. If an employee was using it for the same amount of time I'd probably be buying my 3rd vacuum by now.:cry: Although as a CD franchisee I was always working on or replacing something on those portables - along with the continually tinkering with the "PowerHead"...errr....RX20.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have to admit - I've never used a TM so I guess I'm not a good person to answer what's better. Maybe its one of those things that it's better to NOT know what I'm missing. I do know I do great work too. I've got plenty of regular customers who were unhappy with CCers who they used before that were TMers. If we are being honest we all know it the operator, not the equipment (at least in most cases) that dictates what kind of job gets done.

I'm wondering about the faster production times with a TM. With my portable - and what sounds like cheaper pricing than what many of you charge - I produce at about $80 to $100 per hour. I think thats about what everyone is around. Am I wrong on that figure?

On portable machine dependablility - I've had this particular machine that I bought off CraigsList for nearly 2 years. I replaced the pump when I got it and nothing else. But I've also used the same vacuum cleaner for years now. That's because I'm an owner/operator. If an employee was using it for the same amount of time I'd probably be buying my 3rd vacuum by now.:cry: Although as a CD franchisee I was always working on or replacing something on those portables - along with the continually tinkering with the "PowerHead"...errr....RX20.

I took alot of heat from other cleaners for using a porty as long as I did. Like I said I keep one around for a hotel account or when it hits the single digits and I dont want to freeze a machine. I also clean area rugs in my shop with a porty and a rotary. As far as making an average amount Its hard to for me to hit 100 per hour in my area with a porty because the cost of living is low and that translates to a lower pricepoint for residential cleaning. I do alot of commercial and rentals. I was always able to get the job done with a porty but it seemed I had to work 3 times as hard. I can now fit more jobs into a day with a tm than I can my porty, I haved had times in the summer we have cleaned 15 - 20 rentals in a day with quality results. I also do some restaurant work where I need the heat and flow a tm has as well as the pressure for heated pressure washing and tile and grout cleaning. I wouldnt talk yourself out of getting a tm and would encourage you to do a ride along with a tm oowner op to get a good balanced idea of the pro's and cons. I absoulutley agree the quality lies with the tech as I have taken many accounts from tm guys who did horrible work. I am also excited about many of the break throughs I am seeing in low moisture and portable cleaning technology

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I can see why CD made it smaller. That machine looks like a brute to get in and out of a truck or even up and down stairs. And sold on Ebay!
Notice the label on the CD picture Crossover "Truck Mount" systems.
Still, looks a hec of a lot like steam cleaning to me!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom