Chemical Flow!!!!!!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know some guy use fresh water rinse's and some guys rip the chemical system out because of alot of problems with metering and repairs!

I was wondering why no one ever invented an inline chemical feeding system like a hydroforce that is easily fixed or replaced that would be great for direct draw systems that run chemical through the whole machine and reduce descaling and replace complicated last step chemical systems and chemical pumps that seam to get everyone mad!

I would gladly pay for an easily diagnosed direct draw inline chemical system where I could use a detergent or acid that wouldnt corrode or eat brass and clog lines.

Anybody else ever wonder why this isnt availible ?????

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That system is available and is what's used on the lower end truckmounts. When the water enters the box it draws in fluid. It has its draw backs. It's hard to get an accurate flow rate. 5 gallons of stock go on one job or 5. Whatever you are using is going through the entire system. I've had both and won't go back.

Gene

SamIam

Name
sam miller
But with green rinse's that eat brass and trouble shooting a complicated chemical pump. It would be an easy way to protect your investment if done right, and truckmounts that use this type of draw now usually allow the chemicals to go thru the entire machine and heating elements that can cause corrosion and unwanted wear.

If you could get a nice controlled chemical feed with out loss of water pressure at the wand and was easily replaced or rebuilt for half the cost of what we currently have that would be a win win. Especially for or expensive equipment.

Name
jack zerkie
Mine is in the rubbish on my cobb unit had the same water and flow problem as another cleaner. I fixed it. I now have a brass ball valve on the chem 5 gal container easy open as needed off when not in use no problem. jz.

Reactions: SamIam

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
But with green rinse's that eat brass and trouble shooting a complicated chemical pump. It would be an easy way to protect your investment if done right, and truckmounts that use this type of draw now usually allow the chemicals to go thru the entire machine and heating elements that can cause corrosion and unwanted wear.

If you could get a nice controlled chemical feed with out loss of water pressure at the wand and was easily replaced or rebuilt for half the cost of what we currently have that would be a win win. Especially for or expensive equipment.

I replaced everything that touches chemicals with stainless fittings. I used fitting made by swagelok that are designed for the valves we are already using. They make a rigid plastic line that locks in. Simplest thing I've ever used. It uses a stainless feral around the plastic pipe when tightened locks it permanently. I don't remember how long ago I put them on my last machine but I never had a single leak or problem. you place a feral nut on the plastic , then push the plastic in to the nut and snug up. Tighten with a wrench 3/4 turn and your done. This is the fitting from my stock tank. It sat in concentrate on my last machine for years with no wear.
image.jpg

Gene

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom