chemical pneumonia

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Have any of you guys ever heard of any of your customers getting chemical pneumonia from the chems you use? Just had a customer call me asking about it and I haven't heard of this before.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I have chemical emphysema....which means that the sac around my lungs has crystalized and hardened...and it has taken YEARS to get like that.....
HOWEVER........

I DID have one customer that went into full respiratory arrest........
I 'bout shit a brick!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
This lady said he had to go to the hospital twice and even called the fire dept out to her house because of one cleaning.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Someone is getting sued....I bet this person saw something on TV or read something somewhere that someone got sick after a carpet cleaning or restoration job and sued and got a bunch of money.

Chemical pneumonia is a BAD thing my little sister had Bi-Lateral Chemical pneumonia when she was little but she got ahold of my moms solvent cleaner she was using to clean the tips of her Tri-Chem tubes. It was terrible it still shakes me up as I was holding my baby sister as she was turning blue. I thought she was going to die in my arms.

Anyway no way did someone get chemical pneumonia from a cleaning unless they went out to the truck and huffed some VDS/NVDS or the like.

Make sure the cleaner contacts their insurance company immediatly and do not have any further contact with the wack-a-do.

Also you are not a doctor so don't give any medical advice at all. Only thing you should do (actually what you must do) is give them a copy of any MSDS they request.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
My customer got called to go out and clean her ducts. She told him the story on the phone and said the name of the company that cleaned the carpets, which I know what he uses, and said I want my ducts cleaned to make sure there is none of that chem in my ducts. He called me to see what I thought.

Farenheit251

After 15 years with no problems I've had two incidents in 3 months. Actually spent yesterday in court where we won. One thing I am worried about is I always am trying the latest chem or special. I can't even say for sure what I used on a previous job.

Name
I'm Rick James

I agree some people are crazy. Remember that lady who planted the finger in her salad at wendies a few years ago and other similar stories to try and sue for the easy cash. But some of the products we use *does* affect some people, when I use to use the harsher stuff I could feel the effects, when spraying it and cleaning.

Rex Tyus

The Green One said:
I agree some people are crazy. Remember that lady who planted the finger in her salad at wendies a few years ago and other similar stories to try and sue for the easy cash. But some of the products we use *does* affect some people, when I use to use the harsher stuff I could feel the effects, when spraying it and cleaning.

Some people react to ragweed..... :roll:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
you can get formaldehyde poisoning from air freshner just like any cleaner can have side effects for any person. You just never know!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom