Chemical pump rebuild

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'm getting ready to trouble shoot my chemical pump that quit working a few months ago. I've just been using a clear water rinse but would like to be able to go back to an acid or even an alkaline when the need arises. My question is does anybody make a complete rebuild kit with check valves and rubber diaphragms and o-rings? It's a stainless steel pulse pump that is found on some prochem units. I pulled it apart the other day and found a bunch of rubber shavings in there. I'm not sure where they came from as everything seems to be intact and there were quite a bit of them.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've had to replace the diaphragm a couple times and did a seal kit also. I had to buy them separate but maybe you could find an all inclusive kit? I would say it's a piece of cake to change out the diaphragm so I'd start there and see if that does the trick. If not, replace the seals. Even that isn't that hard. I've only done it once so I'm no expert but I took my time and did it correctly in about 1.5 hours including removing the head from the pump. I then brought the head inside and did the seal kit at my kitchen table. I think there were 12 seals in mine and some were pretty delicate. I used a tiny pick I bought from the hardware store to replace the rubber seals. Good luck!

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom