chemical pump.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How much PSI can one of these take over a period of time.......what are the rated for........

I was talking to a guy and he was told me that when I do tile and crank my truck up to a higher PSI ( I don't normally see a reason to go higher then 900 psi if you are using good chemicals )that I should shut off my chem pump....makes no since to me....what about the ones who like to throw away there money and use a rinse on there tile floors.......

so his statement got me wondering how much pis one of these can handle ??????

gasaxe

how do you shut if off all the three way valve does is stop flow.. is the pump still not "pumping".... the diaphram is still getting hammered by the pump right??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
mine has always been isolated by a shut of valve before the chem pump.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yep...................been that way for a long time.............
If something happens I can shut it off and isolate it and keep working..........

this is a older picture but the set up is still the same.pump is on the bottom left corner of the tank

100_3890.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
my AT chemical pump is to be shut off above 600-700 psi. I have slipped up and left on at 1000 on few jobs and it still works ok???? I am normally shut it off for tile and grout.

The rinses for tile and grout crack me up!!!! :roll:

Greenie

It's jsut a rubber diaphram, high pressure is gonna kill it that much quicker, so...considering that a rinse is kinda silly on tile, might as well turn it off and save it.

Anyone running the new High Press. Cat pumps chemical injector? supposed to inject safely to something like 3000 psi?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Shawn sent me this new panel for my truck because the old one said 720 on it and was plastic with some cracks in it..........the old one never said anything on it so I was wondering what the hell you were talking about...............so I looked at mine today.......( No..I never read it when I switched the panel covers over.I already knew what everything was so I never looked at the detail ).sure as hell there it was......

IMG_3430.jpg

so.....they sell you a chem pump...........that cant take the higher pressures.......

but yet they sell rinses for tiles that require the chem pump to be running and a tile tool that is only good for over 800 psi............ :shock:

Rex Tyus

That is an excellent question Jim. I have never seen any info on the temp being an issue on a last step injector. I would have to agree with Steven though just going on how it looks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Why would they put those chem pumps on a TM that reaches temps of 230+ if they weren't made to withstand that amount of heat? I've never had a prob with heat being the issue, but i've not shut it off on T&G and absolutely destroyed that diaphram.

back to my question....why would they sell you a rinse for the tile that requires the pump to be running that you are to shut off at 700 psi but your tile tool only works the way it is made to at 800 psi..........

Greenie

I thought Jim was being sarcastic, but I think he might be serious. I'm gonna go with: The guys who build them don't clean with them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
I thought Jim was being sarcastic, but I think he might be serious. I'm gonna go with: The guys who build them don't clean with them.

No...........after replacing my third fooking chem pump...Jim is pretty serious......

I know..why didn't I just rebuild them........the first one was the one that came with the truck..........did you know you can cross thread SS :shock: ....the second one was a HM brass one....not really a good as pump as i thought.....so I went back to the pro chem SS.......

BTW.....I don't believe I have ever asked a sarcastic question....but sarcastic answers...thats another thing.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
here is another BTW........my CDS had no shut off at all on it the chem pump was screwed on straight to the pump.....no by-pass at all..I did not do much tile back then so I don't know how it would of held up........................

100_2664-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom