Chemtex

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Took a look at a chemtex panther 25 a guy has for sale. Couldn't test it as the blower is either seized or stuck. Too bad as it looks like a nice clean little unit. Mounted on a stainless steel belly tank along with a ss waste tank. Unit needs some hoses replaced but otherwise looks good. Offered him $1000 as is. See if I hear from him. He bought it at auction to resell. Doesn't know anything about it. Anyone ever own a chemtex unit successfully?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Blowers are often seized after sitting. Not fatal.

Loosen (but don't remove) 4 motor mounting bolts to slide the engine forward enough to remove the rubber coupler.

Then see if the engine will turn over or start.

Reactions: Matt Middleton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Blowers are often seized after sitting. Not fatal.

Loosen (but don't remove) 4 motor mounting bolts to slide the engine forward enough to remove the rubber coupler.

Then see if the engine will turn over or start.
That's what I am hoping. I'll let him sit on it for a bit, then suggest that. Need to at least test the pump and heat exchangers to make sure they're not frozen. There was no water in the machine but it was an auction for a reason. The feed hose from the belly tank is broken as well as an exhaust hose from one of the heat exchangers. I'm impressed with the overall design. The covers just slip off, held on with velcro. It appears that the overheat bypass goes into the fresh tank instead of the waste tank. If I got it for the right price and did the repairs, I think it would be a nice little unit. Light enough to go into a half ton van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom