Chief 11 Truckmount

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
There's a guy in town who's been sittin on a 3 yr old van with a 3 year old chief 2 that has 35 hrs on it. He bought it to have someone run it that decided not to. It's looks amazing and in new condition.

The only issue I see is the engine keeps shutting down. Won't stay started for more than 30 seconds. No water in the waste tank. Fuel filter half full. Oil to the full level.

Any ideas why it won't stay on? Any idea of a fair purchase price. Comes with an electric hose reel and 250 feet of hoses. 4ht heater has a cracked coil from freezing.

I don't want the van - he has an offer on the van only and I'm interested in the machine.

Thanks !!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty's all about the Chief II.

Looks like a simple and solid machine for a guy who isn't afraid to tinker a little.

If the LP heater is cracked, there may be other issues related to a freeze up. Pumps and fittings need to be checked with pressure to make sure they are okay.

If he's been sitting on it for a while he's probably either ripe to get rid of it or unwilling to budge much on the price???

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Ive already mentioned a 10% deprieciation per year whether he used it or not. He was like yeah I know so at min Ive subtracted 30% off price of brand new. I also mentioned the possibility of compromising all parts related to water and the freezing of the equipment. Even if it aint leaking now, there could be a hairline waiting to burst under pressure. Im sure as it was freezing, something was expanding and may be near bursting at anytime. Im considering that in what Id like to pay. I was thinking adding up all parts related to water as if I would imediately replace then subtract that from the price of new along with the depreciation figure.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I had my Chem Tex freeze up once when our power went out. I mean freeze up. Even the few gallons in my rinse were frozen solid.

I panicked bad.

Turned out the only thing needing replaced was the ag pump that fed my water box with fresh water. It leaked bad once everything was thawed out.

I ran it for probably 500 more hours without issue before selling it a few months back.

I'd probably replace the Little Giant with new if the coils have cracked.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Guy said new coil is $1200 4HT .. it might be fine but I cant keep the machine running long enough to run it with pressure.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd call the guys at TCS and see what they think.

I'm sure you can bypass the heater pretty easy to test pressure??

Maybe put the gas line direct to a gas can to see if it's wanting to draw fuel?

Sounds like a gamble but sometimes that's how you get a great deal.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
You don't buy it I might be interested in the machine.

Do you need a van too? Hes looking to get rid of another van that has nothing in it. The van that the machine is in is a 3yr old Nissan NV 2500 high top with 4K miles. The other van is a 2011 with 80K miles. What are you looking to pay for it. Im not 100% unless its a steal. If I cant steal it, Id give him your contact info.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Im a steal kind of person I have a older chevy 12 ft box truck I would like to replace for flood work . He can email me photo 's

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
You don't know whats frozen or not. He will have a hard time selling the van with a broken machine in it.
How much do you think it is going to take to get it running?

Reactions: Spurlington

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Drain/flush/fill the ENTIRE fuel system, INCLUDING THE CARBURETOR AND BOWL with fresh gas with a double dose/Gal of Seafoam before you even consider troubleshooting it any further.

Reactions: GCCLee

rick imby

Name
Rick
There is no reason to buy any used non working Truckmount you do not need if you do not get a screaming deal on it.

Play the broke guy that would like to buy it but can only come up with $3500. I don't want to insult you but I am nervous about the frozen pump, heater and the motor not running. Then leave him your phone number and say call me. Near the end of the month he may give you a call.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Marty and frank are right. Everything's gummed up because of the old gas. Pull the air filter and turn it over. Does it smell like lacquer.

Gene

-JB-

Name
JB
I talked to the guy, nice guy doing A LOT of good things to support a lot of people, I'm afraid he got more than he bargained for on this deal, $42k is steep IMO, he says he'll come down, I suspect MAYBE 10%; beyond that he'll likely sit on it... justahuch.

He says it's a "real money maker." I'd agree...

Owner one $68,000.00
Owner two $ 58,000.00
Owner three $ 49,000.00
Him, current owner $ 38,000.00 ?
Next owner $ 40,000.00

If he sells it, it will have made nearly $250,000.00 and hasn't even popped 50 hrs yet, or made it to it's first oil change; THAT is a money maker all right.

I hope he sells it, I really do, but I hope he's realistic and keeps the van for his other business and dumps that albatross of a machine in it.

I will say it's got curb appeal, so kudos at the salesmen at http://www.tcsatl.com/chief.html or who,ever it was for designing an appealing enough graphic to draw the eye of anyone driving by.

Attachments

• Nissan 2.jpg
    Nissan 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Nissan 1.jpg
    Nissan 1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Nissan 3.jpg
    Nissan 3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Nissan 4.jpg
    Nissan 4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Your writing style leaves much to be desired, and I am completely confused at what message you were attempting to communicate, but knowing you, it was negative. While I admit there's not much "pretty" about a TCS machine, "pretty" is something a carpet cleaner shouldn't even blink at in relation to his machine and equipment. Functionality is key. That machine is a $24,000 machine brand new, fully packaged out with a pump out. I suppose the figures you were quoting included the van price. I haven't been following this thread in a while, and I'm not wasting my time to go back and see what it's about, but if that is a properly functioning machine, make an offer on it, but talk to me about the specifics of it before you do.

Back
Top Bottom