Church Carpet Question

americlean

I cleaned a church yesterday (HWE) and it came out great except a 3'x3' area on the stage. Carpet is glued down synthetic. Contact says nothing was spilled there, it just appeared. The issue was a sticky (gummy) residue. It was not just on top of the fibers but all the way down to the backing. HWE and most of the residue was gone. The stickyness is gone but I am afraid whatever caused it will come back thru.

The question is could this be the glue coming thru? The carpet is still secure in the area (has not delaminated or separated from subflooring)

Thoughts???

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, it COULD be. It also COULD be an actual spill. Probably from the youth who never reported it.

Just remember ... it's their problem and you don't own it ... yet.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
It COULD be adhesive, but its not very likely that it is. As Marty pointed out, "stuff" happens all the time that goes unreported.

Since you seem to have removed most if not all of it, I find it more likely to have been a spill, as most carpet adhesive wouldn't clean out of the carpet easily.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Unless they used Elmers school glue, not likely. If it comes back, Host powder usually saves that grief. I've had great success with it for similar issues.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Get down on your knees in the pews and pray. Then get up throw some host down scrub in and vacuum out. Don't have any Host use some encap it

G

Matt Murdock said:
Get down on your knees in the pews and pray. Then get up throw some host down scrub in and vacuum out. Don't have any Host use some encap it

Pray for Greg while you're at it. :roll:

Did you set an airmover at the spot after you cleaned it?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
americlean said:
I cleaned a church yesterday (HWE) and it came out great except a 3'x3' area on the stage. Carpet is glued down synthetic. Contact says nothing was spilled there, it just appeared.

Thoughts???

by chance, was your pre-sprayer parked there for any length of time?

if so, there's your answer.
it leaked

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not the quality of the glue used that is the issue. It could be the moisture of the slab. I am sitting on a slab right now while typing this that has so much moisture in it that I can't put down ANY floor covering on it. Everything either comes up from the glue turning lose, or it mildews. This doesn't happen everywhere, but only in certain spots.

It's a long shot, but it IS a consideration.

americlean

Found out that the amplifiers for the church sound system is directly under the affected area of the stage. They say the stage floor gets "hot".

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
try cleaning with holy water, that might help

:lol:

Spill if you ask me. The priest dude will be confesing for lying to you :lol:
If you're brave next time taste it. Humm, diet coke.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
americlean said:
Found out that the amplifiers for the church sound system is directly under the affected area of the stage. They say the stage floor gets "hot".

how would heat distortion/scorch cause a the issue of;

"a sticky (gummy) residue. It was not just on top of the fibers but all the way down to the backing."

???

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

americlean said:
I cleaned a church yesterday (HWE) and it came out great except a 3'x3' area on the stage. Carpet is glued down synthetic. Contact says nothing was spilled there, it just appeared. The issue was a sticky (gummy) residue. It was not just on top of the fibers but all the way down to the backing. HWE and most of the residue was gone. The stickyness is gone but I am afraid whatever caused it will come back thru.

The question is could this be the glue coming thru? The carpet is still secure in the area (has not delaminated or separated from subflooring)

Thoughts???

At some point and time they duct taped something to the floor and either forgot about it or don't want to admit to it. The heat from the amplifiers under the stage "amplified" what was already a "sticky" situation. 8)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Amplifiers in a church...

Alexander Cambell and Walter Scott preached to crowds of thousands and thousands without amplifiers.

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
Amplifiers in a church...

Alexander Cambell and Walter Scott preached to crowds of thousands and thousands without amplifiers.

:?
What does that have to do with a gummy sticky residue that was the a stage?

Rex Tyus

admiralclean said:
Try to keep up, Rex.

If you'd hang around here more, you wouldn't be so clueless.

More clueless now than ever. Still don't see the connection between a couple of loud preachers to a 3 x 3 gummy sticky residue on a stage. :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom