Cimex big boy wheel kit?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I though it had a weird size axle? I remember I couldn't find anything to replace a damage wheel and ended up buying a used Cimex wheel from Brad in Colorado. He had the big boy kit and didn't need it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it is I'll buy you each of you a set. :headbang:

Good thing those won't fit or I'd be screwed! :lol:

I don't think they will but it would be nice if they did.

Name
Lyon
I guess I just dont understand. Why does it cost $270.00 for 2, 10" wheels? I dont mind spending money to make it, but this just sounds very unreasonable? I can buy Aluminum mahcined wheels for my truck for less.
Has anyone else got another source?
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cim...ade-10-inch-for-all-Cimex-Machines_p_186.html

The axels the expensive part, custom made and I believe the wheels are from the orbit and they're not cheap either, I want a big boy kit, but don't want to spend that much either

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I also cringed when we bought the big boy wheels for all of three of our machines but they are a must have. We have a 19" and two 24"s; the kits make the machines so much easier to move. But all cimex parts are expensive; the rubber grommets for the pad drivers are $100.00... etc.., I guess it goes with having a machine that has no knock offs.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have a Cimex and also an Orbot.

I have larger pneumatic (pump-up $Marty), tires on my wheels.

The wheels on the Orbot appear to be the same as on my dehumidifiers.

To be perfectly honest, I much prefer the pneumatic tires to those semi hard ones on the Orbot.

Here's a couple of pics taken about 6 years ago.

2008_0118WaterdamageJulie0031.jpg

2008_0118WaterdamageJulie0032.jpg

They will go up and down stairs much easier, no jarring of the machine or body as the tires will give, similar to shock absorbers.

Run over your extension lead & you hardly notice, with the Orbot tires, you think you are trying to get over a branch.

Push the machine over soft ground, stones or even sand with ease, try this with the Orbot style tires and you'll be in deep S**t.

I got mine from a store that sell wheelchair parts, also golf buggy parts.

Simply paid $10.00 to have the centres reamed out to a perfect size.

Hope this helps.

:yoda:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
For $270.00 they'd better have lots of bling.

For $270 they ARE AWESOME! It makes the Cimex easier to transport, makes it easier to climb steps/stairs. Plus it changes the balance of the machine - so it becomes a heck of a lot easier to run on the carpet.

Now to the original question. Why do they cost $270?

A BIG part of the cost is that the stock Cimex axle and wheels have a weird size center hole. If it was as easy as slapping on a new set of after-market wheels that'd be great. But we couldn't go down that path because nothing fits the stock axle. So here's what we did.

We replace the stock (and corrodible) axle with a solid stainless steel axle. Stainless steel isn't cheap, but it does't end there. We have our machinist turn the axles so that they can accommodate the Cimex machine and also step down for "normal" wheel diameters. Then we add some good quality wheels with sealed bearings (the stock wheels have no bearings). We also include a new Tee Piece for aftermarket wheel kits, because the original Tee piece is most likely corroded to the stock zinc plated axle.

As you can see this is a pretty decent group of improvements. We'd love to be able to sell the wheel kit for $99, but the machined stainless axle, tee piece, and upgraded wheels don't make that possible. Stuff costs money.

Tell ya what, buy yourself a Big Boy Wheel Kit. Install it on your Cimex. Run it on the carpet. And then come back and tell us if you feel it was worth it or not. In fact, you will LOVE it - I guarantee it!

On a side note... Why does this upholstery tool sell for $476? Because it works. It makes the job easier. Most guys would say it's worth what it costs. The same is 100% true with the Big Boy Wheel Kit :)

1233.png

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I never heard anyone that bought the Big Boy kit say it wasn't worth it. As much as I wish they would! :winky:

Thanks Rick you just saved me buying these fools :p some wheels! :biggrin:

Reactions: Derek

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Sounds like a great item for auction?!

I LOVE my Cimex (from Excellent Supply) but balked at the wheel kit during purchase. Still broke from this Winter but seriously considering the BB Wheel Kit.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Suck it up buttercups! Buy the Big boy kit. I think most of the people that complain about the price are the same ones who cry when a customer complains about their prices. Rick is correct about/ with the Uph. tool comparison. It is so much more than swapping wheels. Sure the initial outlay looks high but after a handful of commercial jobs mine was paid for. I have one particular cleaning: 2nd. level maybe 500 sq.ft. Having to haul hoses and so forth was killing profit but its a small part of a larger reoccurring client so.... Now with the Big Boy kit I have reduced set up and take down time to make it profitable. Sure that means hauling the Mex up and down 20 steps-wood but as long as I don't do a quad workout that day,I'm fine! So I can make money and get in a little workout at no extra cost to me,Great!

D

Deleted member 51539

Speaking of what works...
[video=youtube;NrV-N25xoa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrV-N25xoa8[/video]

For $270 they ARE AWESOME! It makes the Cimex easier to transport, makes it easier to climb steps/stairs. Plus it changes the balance of the machine - so it becomes a heck of a lot easier to run on the carpet.

Now to the original question. Why do they cost $270?

A BIG part of the cost is that the stock Cimex axle and wheels have a weird size center hole. If it was as easy as slapping on a new set of after-market wheels that'd be great. But we couldn't go down that path because nothing fits the stock axle. So here's what we did.

We replace the stock (and corrodible) axle with a solid stainless steel axle. Stainless steel isn't cheap, but it does't end there. We have our machinist turn the axles so that they can accommodate the Cimex machine and also step down for "normal" wheel diameters. Then we add some good quality wheels with sealed bearings (the stock wheels have no bearings). We also include a new Tee Piece for aftermarket wheel kits, because the original Tee piece is most likely corroded to the stock zinc plated axle.

As you can see this is a pretty decent group of improvements. We'd love to be able to sell the wheel kit for $99, but the machined stainless axle, tee piece, and upgraded wheels don't make that possible. Stuff costs money.

Tell ya what, buy yourself a Big Boy Wheel Kit. Install it on your Cimex. Run it on the carpet. And then come back and tell us if you feel it was worth it or not. In fact, you will LOVE it - I guarantee it!

On a side note... Why does this upholstery tool sell for $476? Because it works. It makes the job easier. Most guys would say it's worth what it costs. The same is 100% true with the Big Boy Wheel Kit :)

1233.png

RDS

The big boy wheel kit is the way to go. Installed them on two cimexes and its like the cimex rolls with power assist very easy. I would not buy one without them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom