Cimex Blues

ron markam

Used a Cimex for about 7 hours saturday for the first time. Boy did that thing wear me out.I need someone to tell me what I did wrong. First I used cimex pads from Interlink (superspeed rubberized) on polyester and polyprop.That thing was heavy and hard to push.So I layed down more juice thinking I needed more Lubrication. It never seemed to be as easy as I hear about and did not seem to be any faster than a high speed rotary(advance matador type).In order to make it perform as described I felt I had to lay down way too much solution. Which I am sure affected dry tims.The contract specs called for believe it or not SHAMPOO.I did not question it I felt like hey I'll just "mex" it. Well unless someone can straighten me out I do not see what the big deal is.I may able to purchase this machine at a reduced rate but with the experience I had this weekend I am very hesitant to purchase something that seemed to be no faster than an high rpm rotary and produced more fatigue. What did I do wrong?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
The cimex is somewhat hard to push especially when the tank is full, but it should not be overly hard to push.

Some pads are more course than others. The beige pads which you will find make the cimex easy to push, the gray pads (which I use exclusively) are somewhat harder and courser.

I did try the blue pads from magic wand once, never again. I thought they were too course or rough for cdg and made the machine extremely hard to push.

Laying down more juice is not going to help the push factor it just wastes chemical. Releasit is the best juice bar none. As far as pads goes, buy the gray pads from JonDon. They are the same or better than the ones ricky sells, last longer and are cheaper.

G

Whats up RON?
Great talking with ya the few times this week that i did.

It doesnt matter what POO'' you run thru it.. you can't tell the difference. Now pads.. you can.
The beige and gray ones.. from RICK>. you can tell a difference..

I would take a gander.. that your pads were 'catching'... and restricting the easy flow of your machine.

Its usually an 'easy flowing' machine.. like clockwork.

At first.. i thought maybe you didnt have enuf 'lubrication'.. but you said you did.. so that rules it out.

and i dont tell a huge difference between cut piles vs berbers of any kind.

This is just my experience. Others can chime in and give you different opinions.

ROck on buddy. talk at ya soon. The big VCT job is Wed. I'll let ya know how goes it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ron,
you have me puzzled :shock:

Want to give us a few more details :?:

What type of carpet were you cleaning :?:

I am not familiar with these "First I used cimex pads from Interlink (superspeed rubberized) on polyester and polyprop."

I only use the Fibre Plus & Fibre Plus Max pads from Excellent-Supply.

I have never yet had a problem using these.

As for the machine being hard to push, did you lower the handle :roll:

I'm a vertically challenged person, 5'7+1/2" (in high heels :wink: )..

Weigh about 225lb and am pushing towards 63.

I did a very large auto parts showroom last Saturday & Sunday, 5:00pm to midnight each night, with no problems, (apart from tired :oops: )

Big Yella is my bread & butter machine.

Cheers,

Shorty.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Shorty, with your ahhhh... low centre of gravity (without heels) I'm surprised you don't just get in front of it and pull it like the strong man guys in the truck pulling feats :lol:

John

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i would put my money on the pad type you used...

and maybe the handle wasnt adjusted??

even a full tank its easy to push and manuver around

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you for your very diplomatic answer John.

Typical K1W1 Bullshit

But you did get something right mate,

you know I'm a pusher, not a puller :wink:

I hear you may be coming over the ditch in a few months :?:

cid_8A14A209-558A-4F6B-B4A5-25F7424.jpg

Cheers,

Shorty :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Nah mate, Brissy next month - Woolsafe

Cold Ghost in April - Carpet Cleaner EXPO

November to April busy with Defence & cyclones:wink:

Cheers,

Shorty

PS ::: RON, the big job I just did was polyolefin carpet tiles, those Maxi pads just glided right over it with no effort.

Even when I do heavy wool Oriental rugs, I mostly use brushes, sometimes Maxi pads, again with no effort.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
After being on these boards for several years now I've noticed people have different views of just what cleaning is.

Shall we rename the cimex SHAMPOOERS.....FLOOD N' SCRUBBERS?

ron markam

The types of carpet were polyester (old as dirt) and olefin. I can only hope that IF i try it again I will have a better experience. One other thing that bothered me was when I pulled the pads off they were full of grit so much so that when I threw them in a bucket the bottom was full of grit.

cosway canada

No way it should wear you out more than a wand.
maybe you need more energy, more sleep or a better diet.

Drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, don't eat fried foods and makes lots of money with your Cimex :)

ron markam said:
Used a Cimex for about 7 hours saturday for the first time. Boy did that thing wear me out.I need someone to tell me what I did wrong. First I used cimex pads from Interlink (superspeed rubberized) on polyester and polyprop.That thing was heavy and hard to push.So I layed down more juice thinking I needed more Lubrication. It never seemed to be as easy as I hear about and did not seem to be any faster than a high speed rotary(advance matador type).In order to make it perform as described I felt I had to lay down way too much solution. Which I am sure affected dry tims.The contract specs called for believe it or not SHAMPOO.I did not question it I felt like hey I'll just "mex" it. Well unless someone can straighten me out I do not see what the big deal is.I may able to purchase this machine at a reduced rate but with the experience I had this weekend I am very hesitant to purchase something that seemed to be no faster than an high rpm rotary and produced more fatigue. What did I do wrong?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
From my experience, the most common reason people have trouble maneuvering the Cimex is that the handle is not low enough. Lower so that it is at the level your arms hang down, usually a bit below your waist.

Scott Warrington

hogjowl

Idiot™
I remember Ricky G. almost forcing me to try a Cimex at ... I think ... Pensacola winterfest a few years back. The darn thing was so hard to push that I thought Rick had done something to make it hard, on purpose.

But, when I saw that puppy dog look on his face ... wanting my approval ... I kinda said something like ... yeah, great machine ... and made a mental note not to buy one.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Must be something about a diet of grits and pecan pie that makes for all these limp wristed southerners.

Course pushing against the nap of the carpet could be another possibility.

Personally I find a Mex easier to handle than a Roto Wash thingamjig by Whittiker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom