Cimex Brushes

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Nice to see you posting Shorty. Sure was a bunch of red fuzz! My guess is it's mostly wool? Since wool is a staple fiber, and you have a lot of wool carpet in Australia.

Question for you Shorty... You mentioned using a hydrogen peroxide based encap product. We've always heard that hydrogen peroxide is taboo for wool, although that's often debated. I'm curious about what the carpet cleaners down in the land of wool think about using hydrogen peroxide detergent on wool? Have you ever seen or heard of any discernable damage occurring?
5% HP is max woolsafe recommends for stain removal

heat and alkalinity will also come into play as accelerants

I'll nudge it higher if high organic soiling and trashed carpet, but stay around 5% for well maintained

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
5% HP is max woolsafe recommends for stain removal

heat and alkalinity will also come into play as accelerants

I'll nudge it higher if high organic soiling and trashed carpet, but stay around 5% for well maintained
I have used as high as 12% in some cases where is was do or destroy. I have never observed any visible damage. I have seen high alkalinity burn wool rugs.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Get some processed wool carpet and test it with various strengths of H2O2.

Then you will notice the burning effect that a strong solution of H2O2 has on the wool carpet fibers.

You shall also observe that a lower % of H2O2 will have little or nil effect, apart from removing particular staining.

OR, do a Woolsafe course where everything will be explained much better than I can.

Never stop learning, it's our livelihood to do the very best we can & show others that we can succeed where they have failed.

Just my opinion.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom