Cimex, Dual Cylindrical Brush, OP & Noise

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've only run a Cimex and I'm familiar with its noise level. Those of you who've used all three, how would you put them in order by noise level?

Brad_Smith

The cimex is quietest. The dual brush (TMPRO 20") a little louder but not bad. I have the brute, and it is awefully loud.

The brute is also good for simulating earthquakes. I am very disappointed in this machine. Unless you run it on nylon it is very difficult to control. Now the cimex handles like a dream.

Brad

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I have never seen the Cimex in action but I have seen the Brute at WF last year, I remember noise. I have a GLS and I don't see how anything can be quieter than that. I will just have to wait until Mikefest to hear the Cimex.

Greenie

I hear Clark at Orbitec can "dial in" the Brute to rum smooth as silk, but I think you have to send it to him. Maybe worth a phone call.

Scott Rogers

I am surprised to hear of a rough running Brute. Maybe the changes They have made since I got mine are causing this. Also mine is relatively quite.

CBM, My Gem CBM is a noisy beast. My Porta scrub (Sprint) is quite as a mouse. My GLS should be here Tuesday so I will follow up once I use it.

I have never used a Cimex, but if the right deal comes along I would snap one up.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You paid so little for that GLS that there has to be something wrong with it.

So, save us your negative comments and remember being cheap got you that crappy machine.

Scott Rogers

No, LOL this one was more then .99 lol. Go it for 416 delivered from California.

66f2_2.jpg

Its a older model, but was a good deal.

Attachments

• 66f2_2.jpg
    66f2_2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 66f2_2.jpg
    66f2_2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 314

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why should one send back a machine so the manufacturer can fine tune it so it doesn't rattle like a "Jack hammer'?

You pay good money for that POS to run smooth right out of the box.

DavidVB

I have Cimexs and a GLS. I used to have a 20 inch Brute. The Cimex and GLS are very quiet and smooth. The Brutes I had were junk. The first one I had the handle fell off while working with it and the pad driver wouldn't stay on. The thing vibrated like mad, especially if you had to pull it back. I exchanged it for a new one and it vibrated just as bad. Best thing I did was get rid of it even thought I lost a good bit of money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom