Cimex - how far do you overlap your passes?

Bob Foster

I run a Cimex usually with beige pads with Releasit or Snap and usually do overlap my passes.

I generally go up a strip wetting as I go and immediately back up over the same strip dry. I use the motor housing as the guide for following the clean edge for the next strip I am cleaning.

How about the rest of you?

John Watson

This here Southern boy Cimexes just like my buddies in Canadia does excapt wein anot an ayeing!!! Yaall

Mikey P

Administrator
We dont over lap but we usually go over the area again with the 175 or lately the Orbitec Defender 17".

I really like that machine by the way.

Every pro should have one! :shock:

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Very seldom do I go forward and come back over the same area. But since I do a great deal of hallways, its always from one end turn around and go back. Some hallways we will have 400 ft of cord, that way we're not always looking for a plugin.

Very little overlap, but some is needed.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mikey is right about that new Orbitec machine!

Every pro should have one in his tool box.

Thanks Clark!

This machine is a winner!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty I am finally satisfied!

Its sooooo smooth!

Its actually fun to use.

Forget that cimex.

clean one

Depends on dirty it is some times i do a 50/50 with one wet pass one dry pass, others maybe a couple of inches. Bob how do you like that snap encap?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Told you so...

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey,
As an OP cleaner primarily here is my take.... OP machines (with wheels in contact with the carpet while cleaning) like the one in the pic Clark put up have MUCH MUCH less vibration than say the Conqueror which rattles like a '77 pacers tail pipe (no offense John but the little red OP machine feels like a jackhammer & on some carpet is damn near impossible to control). I cant speak Johns' Breeze units as I've never used one. The Brute/CX however runs smooth so long as the pad/carpet is lubricated & semi-level. You do feel some vibration on some carpets but it is generally easily controlled and in the hands of someone who wants to do a great job it will in most scenarios.

:roll:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Bob Foster said:
I generally go up a strip wetting as I go and immediately back up over the same strip dry. I use the motor housing as the guide for following the clean edge for the next strip I am cleaning.

i pretty much do the same Bob. and in traffic lanes i might go 2-3 dry passes depending on soil load.

thanx --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Its the wheels on the back that makes it so easy to control versus the "Hunting" action of other OP machines.

Buy one today!

Back
Top Bottom