Cimex or Dual Brush?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Dirk - PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006
I've got a chain of stores that I clean named Pump-It-Up. Their locations have inflatable jump toys for the kiddies to play on. It always cleans up nice (soil wise) because only socks are allowed in the play areas.
The problem is the socks. The sock fibers get imbedded in the carpet fibers and won't come out. I use a Cimex on this job because it gets more out than HWE. The client is happy because I get more out than anyone else ever has, but I'm still disappointed.
Would a dual cylindrical brush type machine pull the sock fibers out better, or should I stick with the Cimex?
I've only used the beige fiber plus pads so far.

Brian Luddy - I bet a GLS type machine would do a real good job of getting that stuff up.
It will pull it out instead of grind it in.

Dirk - Man, I'd be a hero if it works. Price will go up too. Unless I can cover the same rate per hour with that machine.
Where can I see a pic of the GLS?

Brian Luddy - http://www.gls.us/index.htm

chad - I can get more sf out of my gls than the cimex.
I like using it along with the TMs and digging and flushing the crap out.
BridgePoint has one now..that you can see down the street at your local Interlink dealer for that touchy touchy feel feel feeling.
They are made by the same co. that makes Ricks, GLS, and this one. I think Danny S was buying from them too.

mikey p - I think EVERY cleaner should have CRB machine on board.
I noticed that Whittiker offers brushes now even more aggressive then the Green ones I have... I think you need the stiffest they got Dirk.
But get some greens for nasty resi work.

Brian Luddy - You have used the green brushes on residential? I am scared to try the blue brushes on residential.

Kevin - Cobbs CBM is a good choice too. Comes with a tank, pump and vac shoot.
I think it is the best buy for a CBM out there.

mikey p - Brian, if a carpet need "GLSing" the green brushes are not going to cause anymore damage then is already present.
All the brushes make funny grooves in the carpet but after wanding and grooming I've only seen one or two that had any residuel brushmarks.
I dont find they grey brushes effective enough on piles of any type. they can barely support the weight of the machine.
Rick was nuts to sell you his IMO....
Why did he anyways?

Brian Luddy - I believe Rick is using his floor machine more and the GLS was just sitting.

Jim England - If you go to my equipment web-site page http://www.smart-cleaning-solutions.com ... page/52666 and then click on our brush and clean machine, then scroll down to the TM-Pro machine. This is our top of the line dual rotating brush machine. It is made by the same company that makes the GLS machines but is not available thru whittaker, only this is there next generation machine. It has three speeds and about 4 times the down pressure on the carpet than a rotary or cimex has. It is a scrubbing demon. It has some really neat advances over the gls. It has a lower profile, 3 speeds which is explained on the web site, 20 inch cleaning path, dirt recepticles that hold 9 lbs of dirt. new heavier duty gears and bearings. We will be offering a new spray system for it shortly that does not require a tank on the machine and we believe will cost less than the gls spray system, however you can put the gls spray system on it. When you turn the machine on the machine gratually but quickly increases speed to the disired setting, which ellemenates stress on the gears and drive system, unlike a gls or other crb machines. It is designed to effectively pre vacuum, post vacuum, pre scrub, encap clean, dry compound clean, tile and grout clean, pile lift, and post groom a carpet. Because of the three speeds you can gear your speed to fit your needs, like scrubbing at a slower speed to work in your pre-spray or work on a spot. The fast speed is for pre vacuumng and picking up dry compound clearners or where a higher agitation speed is need for cleaning and the middle speed is for general encap cleaning and scrubbng. The machine has a much better transport system than the gls or others, and has an optional stair climbing wheel set that just snaps on the transport caddy making it allmost effortless to climb stairs. Now here is the best thing we have much stiffer brushes available for it to clean commercial carpets. Call for special pricing, if you are interested in this type machine it will be the best price you can get. You won't believe what this machine will dig out of the carpet. It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee and 1 year parts and labor warranty. Please call or email if you have any questions. Jim England jamesengland@comcast.net phone 269/441-8631
While your on our equipment page you might also check out our new HOS OP machine, it's nothing short of awesome. Of course I sell them so see for yourself.

meAt - "and about 4 times the down pressure on the carpet than a rotary..."
Care to share how that's possible, Jim?
One of my rotaries weighs about 90 pounds
I can dig out a lot of gunk with my Certified Pile lifter and put a lot of weight on the brush by lifting off the wheels, but not sure it's near the weight of the rotary

Vincent - IMO though, unless you plan on using it alot, buy it used.
I did buy mine new and have gone through 3 sets of brushes.
Its a tank and a overpriced tank as well.
If you do buy one, get the onboard tank, great timesaver.

chad - I thought the whole GLS was overpriced. What were they at Connections? $2995?
uNcLe lArRY, I could see it having more pressure Per square inch of where it meets the fiber to pad-brush area.

Jim England - Reference brush pressure, Chad had it right. Because the brushes are round and not flat, less than one square inch, 20 inches long, times two brushes touches the carpet as they spin. This means all the weight of the machine is on that small area, putting a lot more pressure per square inch. Where a large flat 17 or 19 inch rotary brush has a lot more contact area to support the weight of the machine giving it less downward pressure per square inch. So there is approximately 40 square inches on the carpet (1x20x2=40) with the TM-Pro machine, divided by its weight 54 lbs equals 1.35 lbs per square inch. For easy figuring There is a little less than 289 square inches in a 17 inch rotary pad (17x17=289) 90lbs divided by 289 is .31 lbs per sqare inch. Obviously the weight per square inch is a little higher than that because I figured this on a square pad where the rotary pad is round. But you can see there is quite a difference in pounds per square inch. This along with the counter rotation of the brushes gives the TM-Pro its tremendous scrubbing ability, and the weight is much easier to handle and the machine much less cumbersome than a cimex or brute.
Brian as far as free shipping I think we can handle that and still give you a discount. You won't find better prices for these machines. Just email me and I'll give you our best price. Prices on our web-site are MSR
Jim England CLEANTECH systems [email="www.jamesengland@comcast.net"]www.jamesengland@comcast.net[/email]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom