Cimex problem

TimP

I'm having a slight problem with my cimex. While running it is bogging down. I checked the manual and it says that worn pads/brushes will cause this. Well I was using new pads but the pad drivers may need replacing. However I'm wondering if it could be the belt stretching out and causing it to slip. The motor tends to get warm.

So my question which is it.....the pad drivers or the belt? I've probably scrubed around 100,000 ft of carpet with it. I'm leaning towards pad drivers.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I can't see how the drivers would have anything to do with it bogging down. My guess would be belt replacement is needed.

As far as the motor goes. They do get pretty hot after running a while. I think it's normal. That thing is doing a lot of work.

TimP

Ok where to buy the belt? I checked the belt out about a month ago to see if I could adjust it (cause it was starting to bog down intermittantly) so it don't look hard at all to put a new one in. So I need to find out who carries the belt.

The belt was actually my first thought but I looked at the manual. The pad drivers do have a lot of slop in them so that why I started leaning that direction.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
It's most likely the belt beginning to get tired. We have new belts in stock and can advise you how to change it out. It's a pretty simple install.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Rick won't like this, but the groments in the pad drivers wear out fast. I am always careful to hold the pad driver when changing pads. The loose groments IMO does effect the operation of the machine because the pad drivers are not tight.

Another thing, they cost $65 for 12 groments, which is outragous.

All in all though the cimex is a heavy duty machine.

ps. change the belt.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
how in the hell can you tell on the belt???

I took mine apart thinking it was a belt issue...looks almost new, no extra stretch or anything. so i flipped it over, and seems to run fine now...

granted i have run that bad boy with an extra 125lbs of weight on 4 or 5 concrete jobs and 1 marble job..

You can not tell the belt needs replacement by looking. Only from it slipping during the cleaning. The one thing you will see is how tight the new belt is when installing it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why couldnt they just put a normal double V belt on that thing...

then you could see stretch marks and no the girl is no good...

oh did i say stretch and girl??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

TimP

I flipped the belt and it worked just fine today. I'm sure it's stretching out so I ordered a new belt for when it goes completely out.

I can say that was a good tip for sure....it's nice to get every last hour you can out of that $100+ buck belt. :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh sure ruin my day...like i wanna have to pay $100 +...

damnit looks like ill have to make that up on 1 bill :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously....$100 for a glorified serp belt...hummmmm whose doin the lube job?

TimP

I really don't know who is doing most of the raping, but it SHOULD only cost 10-15 bucks max.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom