Cimex Question

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Is there anyone here using the Cimex Diamond Finisher as dual purpose machine?

For both Hard surface refinishing (honing and polishing), and for encap carpet cleaning.

The Diamond Finisher is able to take extra weights, and has 2 HP, versus 1.5HP on the CM48.

The biggest difference though, as far as using for encap, is the DF48 is running at 800 RPM versus 400 RPM of the CM48.

I have a customer who really wants to do encap, but also wants to do hard surface refinishing. My worry is that the RPM on the DF48 may be way too fast for encap.

My experience with the CM48 is that it is not powerful enough when you add extra weight, nevermind that extra weights were not even designed to be affixed.

Jim1

Rick Gelinas Brother does alot of Natural Stone, he would be the one to ask, If you email Rick, Im sure he could push you in the right direction.

rick@excellent-supply.com

Hope this helps a little Jim

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
1st: David Gelinas has used it both ways...

2nd I have used the 48 on half a dozen or so jobs. Concrete polishing, marble work...and have added 125lbs to it(my secret hahaha)

G

It works fine for doing it with the high speed. I have played with one and done 5k with it, along with my standard one. It works good and one can get more production done with it. It just cost ALOT more.

Chad

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
A local here used the weight set for the cimex and ended up getting the right machine for it. I'll pm you his info.

Albert

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Doug,

The CM48 doesn't have enough horsepower for the weight required for practical honing. It takes too long if you don't have enough weight.

The DF48 does, but it may be too fast for encap. But I think Chad answered that.

Thanks Albert for the info. :)

Greenie

That 800 rpm can be a bit misleading, the main deck only turns at 200 rpm and the small heads at 800 in the opposite direction, that is the whole deal with the Cimex they serve to cancel each other and remove torque. If you are "shampooing" properly, ie: putting down enough juice, the carpet will be sufficiently wet to handle the friction.

I know what a 300 rpm rotary can do with just a "mist" and syn. bonnet as long as you keep moving, I am confident the Cimex will do fine at 800 with the gravity fed tank.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well like i said...i was able to add 125lb to it.....and if i remember the weights you can add only go to 80lb..lemme check...ok so i was wrong

you can get a 40lb kit for the cm48 and a OHH WHATS THIS??? 35LB HORSE SHOE WEIGHT??? for the df 48....

oh did i mention i put 125lb on mine...yes the CM48...

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

and theres the link for the pictures of my job...and yes the 125lb add on

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok ok i read a little more closly....(i am still right) but yes it takes a tad more time....I want to say David told me700 sqft an hr(its been a while and i may forgot) but I did/do about 500 an hr..

hp is a little misleading...now would i want to use it as an everyday honer?? no...but look at it like this...

which has more drag??? carpet........or some what smooth surface(concrete, stone) with water as a lubricator...

I have had the machine "slip" more on carpet then i did on the stone/concrete

sooo how much does he expect to do? what percentage is carpet vs stone???

Name
Shawn Forsythe
When you add 75-100 lbs on a CM48, it WILL bog bigtime if used for wet honing. Of course, you are not going to add any weight for encapping. Therefore the friction example is moot.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope it didnt....scouts honor...

tell ya what...ill buy dinner if i am lying...come on over to utah and ill show you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom