CIMEX QUESTION

breathe72

Cimex users: one of our larger commercial accounts consists of 16 buildings in two states, that require regular monthly carpet cleaning. We have always used truckmount (2 years), but are seriously considering switching to running a Cimex / encapsulent cleaning, and giving them HWE only once or twice per year.

There are two OTHER states in our client's region, that are being cleaned by a fellow who runs the Cimex. supposedly they like it better than HWE.

We are aware that post-vacuuming is supposedly a must when doing encapsulent cleaning.. One question we were wondering was if it has to be the "next day" to vacuum. Meaning if we run air movers, could we conceivably return 3 to 4 hrs later and simply do the post vacuuming ourselfs or would that be too soon?

Really I'm looking for input from anyone who runs the Cimex & any tips they may have in regards to this machine; from the pre-treatment process, and anything else that you've learned hands-on, with this method of cleaning.

I'm still very doubtful of the Cimex or really anything thats not HWE. Tough for me to believe in something I can't see, however our client has indicated they would like to see us using this method as well.

Many Thanks.

Bob Foster

Your prevac is more important. Give it a damn good one. I personally don't think it matters if you leave post vac for a day and let the janitors do it as long as they know to give it an extra good job that time.

As part of their maintenance program it would be highly recommended that you educate the cleaning staff (as if they will listen to you) about how important it is to have the right vacuum, how to use it and to look and see if that the brushes aren't worn out. If you see back back vacs being used on floors - its usually not a good thing. Why vacuuming is so important is because it dramatically effects the longevity of acceptable appearance of the carpets. If you do a good job encapping they can quickly negate your results with poor vacuuming consequently making you or the process look bad. Also note any lack of walk off mats in needed areas.

You might want to approach Rick from Excellent-Supply.com

RickL

Customer Vacs

No you don't have to do the post vac as long as the customer has a regular vacuuming schedule it will get vacuumed up . Also it doesn't matter if the get some on tues and some on wed and some on thurs
as it will remain Encapsulated until it's vacuumed.

Jeff M

I have found that by letting it get traffic it actually "breaks up" the encapsulant and seems to look better when they vac it.

Stevea

I agree, once you use the Cimex you will be impressed. Encap is nothing new only the chemistry has greatly improved today.

Pre vacuum, preferably pile brush followed by a quality vacuum and you will see a major improvement. That will leave a lot less soil to try to encap and then if someone will vacuum as they do their maintenance you will be fine.

I always pile brush and vacuum first, this removes a lot of soil. As for drying times if you need to vacuum after, airmovers will allow it to be ready to vacuum within one to two hours. We almost always vac after but there is very little picked up especially when compared with the pile brush and vacuum first.

Here area a few pictures to show the pilebrushing followed by vacuum before encap; then encap; then post vac. So easy even girls can do this work! (just kidding, just a joke)
rennasancepilebrushandvacuum-1.jpg

rennasancepilebrushandvacuum-2.jpg

rennasanceencapwithpilebrushandc-1.jpg

rennasancepostvac-1.jpg

Attachments

• rennasanceencapwithpilebrushandc-1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 144

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Where are your "professional" uniforms?

The PREVAC is the real cleaning step in the SHAMPOO process.

The "Crystals" are nothing more than a fine dust in the diluted stage.
So the initial prevac is the most important step if you want to say you did any actual cleaning.

Those advertising pics of dried residue in a petry dish are from the concentrate right out of the bottle.

Since there is no EnCApSULaTION method research the SHAMPOO method.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Also look into a bonnet cleaning for production and actual removal of soil.

Bob Foster

If I was posed with the question today which machine I would rather own if I could only have one it would be an OP machine for better cleaning and versatility.

dgargan

uniforms?

Jimmy that was my first thought as well, Where's the uniforms?
They look like a good cleaning crew and have the right equipment but they are leaving out a very important step in how they project their company image.
It looks like they are in a nice hotel and who knows what new contacts can be made there. I so surprised that there are so many companies out there that are leaving out the basic steps on making their company shine and look professional.

Back
Top Bottom