CIMEX

theden

Anyone using a Cimex machine for RESIDENTIAL carpet cleaning? If so, are you encapping or doing a post-rinse? Are you using a 15 or 19? I'm thinking of getting one so I would appreciate any input.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
There are a few guys who use the 15 inch on this board to prescurb with.. but hardly anyone will use them for encapping residential. If you are encappiung residential most of the time guys are using bonnets so they actually remove some of the soil. I'd suggest if you get one, get the 19 inch. This machien alone with the proper encap product can make you an awful lot of money doing low moisture cleaning for commercial carpet. Its all how you market it. Also the 19 or 15 with soft brushes are great for prescrubbing rugs.

Name
Nate W.
I only remember seeing 1 person who encaps residential using a cimex (ilovecarpets2). I don't know why anyone would encap a residential to begin with. As for commerial, it works good. I'd say it's the best scrubber for anyone to work.

A

amazingcleansc

I don't think I could do encapping because there is no way that I would do that in my house if I needed the carpets cleaned. Encapping looks great but it leaves a lot of stuff behind. I think its interesting that some products are out for the residential market that are "green" carpet protectors that are mainly just encap products. I would do that in my house 8) .

hogjowl

Idiot™
You really need to consider actually cleaning residential carpet.

Shampoo is shampoo ... no matter how fancy the new terms used today are.

Name
George Valliant
I use to pre-scrub rezi with a 19". Truth is, it's too heavy for residential. You could almost hear entry way tiles cracking under the wheels.

But it screams thru CGD!

I still regret selling it.

A

amazingcleansc

If anyone wants cimex-esque results on residential, I have a rotovac 360 with only the carpet brush attachment. Used. Works. Make me an offer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ricky G showed off a new dealio that turns a 175 machine into a Cimex. A Pad Driver that fits any clutch plate that has the 3 counter rotating heads underneath.

The heavier the 175 the better it handles.

$under 700.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom