C. Lee

Thanks for coming on board : )

Interesting porties!

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Hi Rick;

We need more portable extractor information on this board !

I assume that your extractor is a two-cord machine.

What is the current draw on each cord ?

Which vac motors are you using,

and what are the specs (lift & CFM) ?

I noticed that the dual 2-stage vacs are in parallel .

That would seem to limit the vacuum lift.

Thanks;

Larry

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

welcome aboard.

I've been telling folks for 10 years or better your little Bravo spotter is the best on the market.
Head and shoulders above that POS all the major disty's/suppliers generally sell

BTW, don't know if you know Cobby
He's a disty that likes to jump in on other manufacture's threads hoping to steal a sale with his "well formulated" non sales, sales pitch :winky:

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
What Larry Cobb is really asking is if he can buy empty shells and completely rebuild with new components and wiring your portable so he can sell them in confidence...Just like he has to do with the line of not so mighty junk he sells now..

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna dry hump the lil heated 500 one : ) if EDIC aint to proud of em!

The wifes talked in to it, that an a rockin 175

I'd be interested in a cobby light to if he waznt so anal bout em.

Bonzi : )

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
He's a disty that likes to jump in on other manufacture's threads hoping to steal a sale with his "well formulated" non sales, sales pitch :winky:

..L.T.A.

A couple of moderators on this board . . .

need an Education on what makes strong portable extractors.

Larry

FredC

Village Idiot
Perhaps you should pen a front page article educating everyone...your current method is growing tiresome.....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
F

FB7777

A couple of moderators on this board . . .

need an Education on what makes strong portable extractors.

Larry

Let me throw my moderator hat in the ring Larry as it pertains to your new formulated Powermax Citrus

Smells OK, actually like the scent of the old formulation better

Dissolves well, even in warm water

Cleaning ability.... Terrible . I used twice as much product compared to the old Powermax to get results.

Dumped the mix and finished the job with Flex powder and it blew the Powermax away.

Fortunately it was a raffle win for the Powermax, I used the remaining product to wash my garage floor

It did a nice job, but I did use the remaining 4 lbs to clean 800 sq feet

FredC

Village Idiot
Wow...you're maybe the 5th or 6th person here I've heard that from...sounds like Larry should be working on undoing his "improvements" to his product instead of worrying about products from other manufacturers

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Let me throw my moderator hat in the ring Larry as it pertains to your new formulated Powermax Citrus

Smells OK, actually like the scent of the old formulation better

Dissolves well, even in warm water

Cleaning ability.... Terrible . I used twice as much product compared to the old Powermax to get results.

Dumped the mix and finished the job with Flex powder and it blew the Powermax away.

Fortunately it was a raffle win for the Powermax, I used the remaining product to wash my garage floor

It did a nice job, but I did use the remaining 4 lbs to clean 800 sq feet

for years I have stood by powermax.....for years I have gone threw all the stupid changes and screw ups that went along with this product...
I have gone threw the....forgetting to send out my order...losing my order....and this time around...assuming I wanted this stuff and sending me something that I did not want....

but to be honest...this new stuff is the worst powermax has ever been....no matter how hard I try...I can not make this stuff work....
even worse.........this falls right on the heels of a statement that I made regarding the pail of the original stuff I got when I let Larry know that it could not be any closer to perfect then what that pail was........and then this....

I'm done....after all these years...I think it is time to find something that I can depend on being consistent and not a crap shoot.........

I will never understand why when someone has something that people love and that has been working great.....they all the sudden feel the need to mess around with it....
you had it....you had it right where it needed to be and everyone was saying how good it was...and then it was just thrown all away......

EDIC

Name
Rick
Happy Monday, Mikey's board!

Today was a bit of a blur and I did not really have a chance to get on the forum. We have some information that we are excited to share with you and I will make time to get on here tomorrow.

By the way, thank you all for the warm welcome and the opportunity to address your questions.
Have a great evening.

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
With regard to the Powermax, the only change that was made was to the fragrance that is added. That was only a slight change. In fact, I honestly have a hard time telling the difference between the old and new. We do sell quite a bit of Powermax and this is the first I have heard of it "not working" since that change.
I am not sure what is going on here, but I am sure of one thing... Powermax is an excellent product. But more importantly, I want every Cobb Carpet Supply customer to be very happy with our products and service.
I'm just sayin' please give me a call if you experience any problem at all with us. We value our relationship with all of our customers. I am more than happy to help however I can.

Ray Waits
1-800-634-2622

EDIC

Name
Rick
Hi Rick;

We need more portable extractor information on this board !

I assume that your extractor is a two-cord machine.

What is the current draw on each cord ?

Which vac motors are you using,

and what are the specs (lift & CFM) ?

I noticed that the dual 2-stage vacs are in parallel .

That would seem to limit the vacuum lift.

Thanks;

Larry
Hello Larry,

The machine, as you saw it, in the initial interview, has been changed to a different set up. The changes will be seen in production by January 2014.

We feel that these engineering changes have cut out any remaining fat the machine had with the end-result being a leaner, meaner, production machine. Power and efficiency, while maintaining user friendly features and quality, is our aim.

I will answer your questions with these changes in mind.

One of the major changes was the decision to abandon the dual parallel 5.7 inch vacuum set-up and go with a single 8.4" vacuum from Ametek.
The single 8.4" vacuum easily out-performs the previous set-up.
Here are the numbers:
-16.5% increase in air watts from 562 (dual 5.7" in parallel) to 673 air watts for the 8.4"
-30.5% increase in efficiency. The total amperage required to power the vacuum system has dropped from 18.5 amps (dual 5.7") to 12.9 for a single 8.4"
-Increased carbon brush life. Ametek is calling these "infinity Brushes"
-We are warrantying these motors for 5 years against pre-mature failure
-147" lift and 142 cfm

Yes, the machine is two cord and the Flagship model will draw about 18 amps per cord. Keeping in mind that this is a unit with a 1200PSI pump, a 2000 watt heater,a vacuum system and a dump pump.
Thanks!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

EDIC

Name
Rick
welcome aboard.

I've been telling folks for 10 years or better your little Bravo spotter is the best on the market.
Head and shoulders above that POS all the major disty's/suppliers generally sell

..L.T.A.
Ruff,
Thanks for spreading the word! The Bravo is a great little unit and one of my personal favorites!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

lol, i'll make sure and clean it before entering anothers hone with it guys : )

Speaking of:
PM me a delivered price to 37659.

3 stage vacs, 500psi heated : ) no hoses.

Don't gimme a heart a flap either !

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
With regard to the Powermax, the only change that was made was to the fragrance that is added. That was only a slight change. In fact, I honestly have a hard time telling the difference between the old and new. We do sell quite a bit of Powermax and this is the first I have heard of it "not working" since that change.
I am not sure what is going on here, but I am sure of one thing... Powermax is an excellent product. But more importantly, I want every Cobb Carpet Supply customer to be very happy with our products and service.
I'm just sayin' please give me a call if you experience any problem at all with us. We value our relationship with all of our customers. I am more than happy to help however I can.

Ray Waits
1-800-634-2622

I hope you're right I just received 3 , 45 pound buckets of the stuff and unlike these other high rollers I can't afford to just not use $300+ worth of chems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Name
Jesse
I'm not sure if I've been luckier with larger PM containers or if more care goes into a bigger order. I've never had a bad 400 pounder however we've had 2 or 3 bad 45's in the past.

How large is a PM batch Ray?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rick;

Thanks for the answers.

The 8.4" Vac motor is a more efficient design,

and will perform much better.

I always like to see portable extractors improved.

Larry

EDIC

Name
Rick
lol, i'll make sure and clean it before entering anothers hone with it guys : )

Speaking of:
PM me a delivered price to 37659.

3 stage vacs, 500psi heated : ) no hoses.

Don't gimme a heart a flap either !

Thank you very much for the interest, I will pm you the contact information for your local distributors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom