Cleanco waste tank leak

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have a 2002 cleanco 47 that seems to have developed a leak in the waste tank. Filling it up with a garden hose, it doesn't leak. Running it under load, it begins to leak as soon as I turn it off. Anyone ever pull the tank out? Biggest problem seems to be the connecting hose from the blower to the tank. Not a lot of room to move either.

PXL_20210905_205137150.jpg PXL_20210905_205143471.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My old prochem legend was a pain connecting the blower to the silencer just like that short hose you have pictured.

I recently fixed a leak on my Everest where the drain ball valve was leaking. It was screwing up the float switch on my APO, causing it not to work correctly.

Where’s your leak coming from?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My old prochem legend was a pain connecting the blower to the silencer just like that short hose you have pictured.

I recently fixed a leak on my Everest where the drain ball valve was leaking. It was screwing up the float switch on my APO, causing it not to work correctly.

Where’s your leak coming from?
It appears to be coming from the bottom of the tank. That's the problem with the cleanco design. I have maybe an inch of wiggle room from the tank to the wall. Have to take of the instrument panel and disconnect the by pass hoses and sensors. Will have to pull the hose reel as well.

• Sad
Reactions: BIG WOOD

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I had a leak in the bottom of one of my waste tanks once (Prochem) I was able to find the leak and plug it with a bolt, then put two heat lamps inside for 48 hours to completely dry it out. Then coated the bottom of the tank with Flex Seal. Never had a problem after that

I initially thought that Flex Seal would not be able to withstand the vacuum inside a waste tank but it did hold.

If I was to buy a new machine, the first thing I would do is coat the bottom of the waste tank with Flex Seal.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a leak in the bottom of one of my waste tanks once (Prochem) I was able to find the leak and plug it with a bolt, then put two heat lamps inside for 48 hours to completely dry it out. Then coated the bottom of the tank with Flex Seal. Never had a problem after that

I initially thought that Flex Seal would not be able to withstand the vacuum inside a waste tank but it did hold.

If I was to buy a new machine, the first thing I would do is coat the bottom of the waste tank with Flex Seal.
I know someone who says he poured flex seal in his tank after cleaning and drying. Might be worth a try.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
You're going to find that hose connecting to the tank will be petrified. Use a saw all to cut it off.
When installing new hose, clamp your vice grips on the reinforcing wire and pull a couple of loops out on either end and snip wire off. That makes it easy to slide back on to your tank/blower hose barbs. Pull your seats out and do a thorough inspection for hairline fractures and try to trace the path from where the H20 is coming from.
A full scale interior cleaning of the tank will probably be required prior to tank removal.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Biggest problem seems to be the connecting hose from the blower to the tank.

as Rob mentioned, it's stuck on there pretty good.
You may not have to cut it though

douche both ends with PB blaster or your favorite penetrate.
blast it again couple hours later, blast it again before you go to bed

grab your bigazz channellocks, get a bite near the end and give it short twists the length of the nipple
If you get it move at all, then bite the other end for a twist.

that's worked for me on many a stuck hoses.
Including blower to tank and blower to silencer

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Used flex seal here last year. Pressure washed the inside and poured a gallon and a half of liquid flex seal. Self leveling. Put a fan in after pressure washing for a couple days and then after pouring in the flex seal let it set for another 2 days to cure.

I told you Ron................last year.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Used flex seal here last year. Pressure washed the inside and poured a gallon and a half of liquid flex seal. Self leveling. Put a fan in after pressure washing for a couple days and then after pouring in the flex seal let it set for another 2 days to cure.

I told you Ron................last year.
I may have to try it. I would like to do a proper fix but hey, if it works, it works. Did you remove your drain valve to prevent it from clogging?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah unscrewed it and when pouring the flex seal in watch for it to leak out the hole. Cost $90 a gallon for it. Comes in white and black.

A gallon and a half

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom